FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

LuckyNYC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy

are you taking any vitamins to improve egg quality?

Besides prenatal I am also taking Evening Primrose until ovulation then once I ovulate I start Flaxseed. Anyone ever heard of this? What other vitamins have you tried?

2. Advertisement

pemmie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard of vitamins, but i've heard that a high fat, high protein diet might be good during the stim phase for higher quality eggs. It kind of makes sense. I tried it, but i don't know what the results are yet...

LuckyNYC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    what is the stim phase?

pemmie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The stim phase is short for stimulation phase (the time when you are now producing follicles/eggs for egg retrieval). Usually you're on things like Gonal-F and Menopur.

marnieblue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pg/loss ment.

For my last IVF cycle my egg and ultimately embryo quality greatly improved! I took wheat grass, fish oil, vitamin D, and drank raspberry leaf tea before cycling. I continued taking wheat grass, fish oil, calcium, and added royal jelly during stims (Stopped RJ once follicles reached 18mm). I ate crackers with flaxseed . I continued with wheatgrass, raspberry leaf tea, and fish oil after ET. I really watched my diet with my past cycles (Lots of protein, no milk, no sugar, yada yada yada) without success but the last around just relaxed about my diet except I did cut out caffeine. Though it ended in a loss due to immune issues I did not know I had at the time, it was my only pregnancy (aside from a tubal) in 4 IVF cycles. With those changes and on the same protocol, my embryo quality went from poor/okay to "Beautiful."

praying41
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    marnieblue: Funny I just saw your post. I did wheatgrass, cut out sugar, meat and ate a ton of green veggies. In the past I have been a low responder so I took a break to see if there was a difference in my response and I got 2 great eggs and a 6 smaller follicles on each side of my ovary (didn't ever have this in past 3 cycles) but I didn't get preggo from that so I went back to normal eating w/o wheatgrass (thinking I was exerting too much energy into this thoughts), did another cycle and only got 1 egg. Hmmm. Needless to say, I'm back on the wheatgrass, no sugar, no meat lifestyle. I'm curious if you think the same way. Do you think the wheatgrass etc helped you??

lw962
    this TTC crap has not been a joy ride!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi. My doc has me on dhea 25mgs 3xs/day since last month and had me add L-arginine 500mgs 4xs/day during stims to improve egg quality. But I've also been on vit d, b12, female multiples by solgar, red rasp tea, pycongenol, resveratrol, omega 3, extra folic acid, baby aspirin, high protein, low carb & sugar, no caffiene, only clear diet soda... I'm sure there is more but can't remember.
    I used to do wheatgrass but learned that is cooling according to TCM and shouldn't be taken if you have endo. Also cold veggies like lettuce is too cooling for endo. All veggies should be cooked.

marnieblue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praying41 View Post
    marnieblue: Funny I just saw your post. I did wheatgrass, cut out sugar, meat and ate a ton of green veggies. In the past I have been a low responder so I took a break to see if there was a difference in my response and I got 2 great eggs and a 6 smaller follicles on each side of my ovary (didn't ever have this in past 3 cycles) but I didn't get preggo from that so I went back to normal eating w/o wheatgrass (thinking I was exerting too much energy into this thoughts), did another cycle and only got 1 egg. Hmmm. Needless to say, I'm back on the wheatgrass, no sugar, no meat lifestyle. I'm curious if you think the same way. Do you think the wheatgrass etc helped you??
    I do think the wheatgrass helped. But, I feel the other things I did/took helped too. I've never been a big meat eater but did not cut it out. I don't have a sweet tooth but do use honey to sweeten things like my tea. I was walking to quite a bit before my cycle. I tried during stims but quit after a few days because I was so tired. Getting the blood moving to your reproductive organs is believed by acupuncturist to help. That's why I walked. There are some great yoga moves to do that too. I also did abdominal massages on myself to get the blood moving. So what helped? Who knows but I do feel a combo of what I was doing helped.
    Me (41) DH (39)
    Married 16 years

TTC #1 6+ years Dx: High FSH, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, + anticardiolipin antibodies, one bad tube left.

IVF #1 BFN
    IVF #2 Ectopic
    IVF #3 BFN
    IVF #4 BFP missed m/c
    FET #1 November 2009 BFP! Beta 9dpt 242 11dpt 309 13dpt 917 missed m/c
    FET #2 Who knows? 4 waiting