FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ivfherewego
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have You Done THe Clomid Challenge?

Hi Everyone.....I have not been on here since I did IVF in 02/07...which failed...so my dh & I took a break...started a business...I got a new job....new health insurance...and I am ready to roll again. I am very concerned though I am just now taking the clomid challenge test to see if i have very many good eggs. The appt. is 02/05/08 to tell me my results. I am terrified they are going to tell me I have no good eggs. Just terrified. I am expecting the worst as usuall. I that the results are good. We are planning to get on the IVF train once the results come back. Of course if I am told no good eggs...then I have told my dh I want donor eggs. One of the worst things for me in this whole journey is not being able to feel the process of being pregnant and having a baby. I feel like an alien sometimes Anywho...so we are waiting to see what are next steps are and I already told dh...I am also ready to adopt. I would love to have a family with my dh as all of us want a family.. He is a little bit slower on the adoption. I think its because his family does not approve. They think well you can get pregnant you are just not trying hard enough. After 4 years i don't know what else to tell people. I think I become very depressed at times and I try really hard not to let my fertility issues controll me, but sometimes that is all I can think about. My other sensitive issue and wanting to cry and yell is my friends are literally on their 3rd kids........One of my best friends told me she was pregnant w/her 3rd kid.....and Guess What? She won't even talk to me anymore because I have no children. Then today another friend told me she is pregnant with her 3rd kid. This friend knows that I was upset about the other friend calling me to tell me she's preggo and then this friend rubs it in my face. Oh......the agony.........Anyhow....if we get the green light on the 5th to go forward with IVF then I am back in the saddle. And for myself & my husband I think this is it for us. He can not handle this infertility journey and I don't want to lose him. We have chosen not to live childless and soon hope to have our dreams.. I pray all you ladies get your miracle baby too.

Me 29 Dh 32 TTC 1st Child for 4years
    Issues:PCOS
    6 Cycles of clomid-all bfn,2 IUI's -bfn,IVF #1 Cancelled, 2nd IVF- ER was 2/27/07 7eggs retrieved. 2/28/07 2 Fertilized 3/2/07-Trsf 2 3day embies. Beta 3/14/07 was BFN. Next Step A LOng Needed break.
    Waiting for Clomid Challenge Results...to receive on 02/05/08
    .......Hoping to go on with IVF #3

2. Advertisement

dmbucky7
    is ready for a break...from LIFE!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I've never heard of the clomid challenge. I was on clomid for more than 13cycles at once, so that seemed like a challenge in itself for me... Good luck with this and I hope a good healthy IVF and BFP is in your future (near future!!)

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I did the Clomid Challenge test. The test doesnt actually tell them if you have any good eggs, it tells them how you will respond to the meds. Did you have quality issues with last IVF? Is this the same RE that did your IVF? I would think the way you responded to the meds of your last IVF would tell the Dr more than this test. Sorry you are dealing with all these PG friends It is tough, and it is very hard to find any one that understands.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

iwillsurvive
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the Clomid Challenge Test too and failed (No duh there, I have very high FSH) but did manage to get pg with my own eggs despite that. The test is done to assess your ovarian reserve. Your RE will do a b/w on CD3 for FSH and E2, then you will be taking Clomid from CD5 to 9 and will repeat the test on CD10. The rough rule of thumb is each time your FSH should not exceed 10 or alternately, the cumulative value should not exceed 20. Also, your E2 levels should not be elevated. However, different REs interpret the results differently. Bottomline is, the lower the FSH, the better the ovarian reserve.
    I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time! It is a hard and lonely road. Try not to stress about the test. Although an unsatisfactory result means that there might be difficulty, it absolutely DOES NOT indicate that it is impossible to overcome the hurdle. I wish you the very best of luck for the test and your next IVF cycle.

nursing 2007
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sad you are going through this, I will keep you and dh in my prayers, hopefully you will make it to ivf #3

ivfherewego
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for all your replies. I love this board because it is the only place I can go that other women understand and are not judgemental. I am thankfully more optimistic about the test now. In my last IVF they had problems getting my eggs mature enough and they were poor quality when they retrieved them. They ICSI all 7 but only two fertilized and only one actually looked promising. So we transfered the two and then two weeks later BFN. Anyways, I really pray this works and thank you for your support and kind words.

SomedayMommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh, ivfherewego, I can sense the pain in your voice

Is your RE also going to switch up your protocol, too? I see you are PCOS, I'm just curious if you are on glucophage (whether you are insulin-resistent or not) and maybe even dexamethason (good for elevated DHEAS that a lot of us PCOSers have). That was two things that we added that made a difference.

No, I never did the clomid challenge test, but yeah, if they are concerned about the way you respond, I think it's a good tool! I hope you get good results. Please post them when you get them?

As for the emotional side - oh yes, I lost many friends due to IF. They just never understood. One friend who became a mommy asked me why I couldn't just be happy for our other friend who was preggo, and she called me selfish for skipping the baby shower. We just grew apart anyway...

And IVF #3s tend to be magical I know many ladies of the third time's a charm club

ivfherewego
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Someday Mommy: Yes, I think that the main reason for the test is to see what protocol to take. I took lupron, dexamethson, follistim, and all my doses were high, but I never hyperstimulated. Soemtimes I think w/ PCOS doctors are always so scared to hyperstimulate. I was fine though. I thought I did well on the meds I think they need to not stimulate them for so long if possible. I take fortamet which if I think correctly is another form of the glucophage. I am insulin resisitant. I definately post the results on Tuesday.

ivfherewego
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well I had my appointment to go over my clomid challenge test. They are saying everything looks fine. The doctor had no idea why I was not getting pregnant besides myself having PCOS....She said I am ovulating and my dh sperm is great. Hmmmmm.......she also said that IVF should definately work for me. I am happy to hear the news but at the same time....We have been trying for four years to get pregnant and not even one time have I gotten pregnant.....It makes me wonder if the doctor just doesn't know what to do or if I have definately fallen into the Unexplained Infertility category. So that s the stats. My dh & I are going to try on our own a little while longer and then when I have some time off from work its back to IVF. I am wondering if I should go to another IVF clinic? What do you ladies think?

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I dont know much about PCOS, so I cant offer any advice. I just wanted to congradulate you on the good test result Good Luck
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast