FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    beth239
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Day 10 of stims and estrogen level drop

Has anyone had there estrogen level drop during stims? Yesterday it was really good and then the Dr office called and said it dropped. I was afraid to ask by how much. The follicles had grown from yesterday to today. I started the Ganerlix on Monday. I am so sad right now. I have already had one cancelled cycle.

2. Advertisement

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am not experienced enough to give you a good answer Beth...but they were going to give me ganerlix(antagon) to knock down my E2 level so I wouldn't get OHSS...so just introducing that, it would make sense that you might have seen an initial drop. Hopefully they will change your meds accordingly to counteract it...Good luck to you!!!

beth239
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks XT girl. I had another u/s and b/w today so I am just praying my estrogen went up. The dr didn't adjust any of the meds last night. He said he wasn't giving up yet so I guess that is a good sign. I was supposed to trigger tonight and now he said I am not ready

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm crossing my fingers for you....an extra day will just let more follies get to the right size....do you know where you are with that....what is your range of follies. Let us know what happened with your E2 today...good Luck!!!

beth239
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My estrogen went back up by a lot. The sizes were between 15-19 with most being around 17. I go back in again tomorrow and will hopefully trigger tomorrow night. Thank you for asking. Such a rollercoaster ride.

jelenor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    hi beth,
    on my first ivf, my estrogen "topped off" right before the trigger, hit a plateau and would not budge. they tested the day after trigger and it had gone down a bit. as long as it doesn't plummet, then you're ok. we still had a good cycle, 8 eggs from 12 follicles (i'm 40, so this is very good for us). no bfp, but the estrogen level was not the problem (probably my egg quality). so....hang in there and remain optimistic.

my ivf nurse also mentioned that there is a margin of error for the e2 readings. if your level did not go down by much then it could be within the margin of error--perhaps just due to daily fluctuations, testing at slightly different times of day vis a vis your stim shots.

best of luck to you,

jelenor

SomedayMommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Beth, good!!!! I'm glad it went back up. I know nothing about garnelix or antagon. Perhaps that just made your E2 go WHOA!!!!! I hope everything continues to go smoothly!

beth239
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I trigger tonight and have ET on Monday

waitingtobemom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

iui not ivf

im glad to see some of these answers. im doing iui this cycle and here i am on day 15 and my.estrogen went from 300 to 100... how does that happen???

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Did you ovulate already? or are you on something like ganirelix?...not sure why it would drop in an iui cycle....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast