FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

jeppy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Infertility Awareness Ribbon?

Does anyone know what color the Infertility Awarenes Ribbon is?
    My family and I were talking about this and we all want to wear this ribbon.....I think it is a great idea to make people more aware, since 1 in 3 people live with some form of infertility.

Hoping one of you super smart gals knows what color it is?

2. Advertisement

marsalilass
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's pink and blue together . . . like 1/2 is pink, the other 1/2 blue.

I found ribbon pins here: http://www.personalizedcause.com/sho...causes/ij.html
    Last edited by marsalilass; 07-19-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Nicole 30, DH 34
    Reproductive Organs Ala Piccaso
    Natural ectopic 1995; 2 IVFs 2007 BFN
    Next Step: IVF #3 -WhoTF Knows?!-

Jeepgrrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen a ribbon, but I do know lots of people wear the infertility thread, including me & DP (& my mom!)

From the Stirrup Queens & Sperm Palace Jester's blog:
    http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2...on-thread.html

Pomegranates, a longstanding symbol of fertility, serve as a strong analogy to those suffering through infertility. Though each pomegranate skin is unique in colour and texture, the seeds inside are remarkably similar from fruit to fruit. Though our diagnosis is unique—endometriosis, low sperm count, luteal phase defect, or causes unknown—the emotions, those seeds on the inside, are the same from person to person. Infertility creates frustration, anger, depression, guilt, and loneliness. Compounding these emotions is the shame that drives people suffering from infertility to retreat into silence.

In addition, the seeds represent the multitude of ways one can build their family: natural conception, treatments, adoption, third-party reproduction, or even choosing to live child-free.

The pomegranate thread holds a two-fold purpose: to identify and create community between those experiencing infertility as well as create a starting point for a conversation. Women pregnant through A.R.T., families created through adoption, or couples trying to conceive during infertility can wear the thread, identifying themselves to others in this silent community. At the same time, the string serves as a gateway to conversations about infertility when people inquire about its purpose. These conversations are imperative if we are ever to remove the social stigma attached to infertility.Tie on the thread because you’re not alone. Wear to make aware.

Join us in starting this conversation about infertility by purchasing this pomegranate-coloured thread (#814 by DMC) at any craft, knitting, or variety store such as Walmart or Target. Tie it on your right wrist. Notice it on others.