FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChrisL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

E2 level issues

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever had or heard of E2 levels rising within two days. My follies are growing but my e2 is not rising as fast. Day 5 last wed E2 was 40 day 8 saturday E2 was 80. They told me to stop my lupron and go back in tomorrow at which time they are thinking they may have to cancel my IVF cycle.

2. Advertisement

soultea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christi, I just bumped up a thread for E2 levels. As you will see we all had different levels.

Good luck!

msdoie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similiar thing happen. My E2 stayed low and never got over 400 but I ended up with 22 great follicles. They almost cancelled my cycle but decided to go ahead and give me a try since I had so many. Everyone kind of thought they would be empty or poor quality. They were shocked to find 22 great eggs. 16 of them fertilized! So just remember E2 shouldn't be the only factor they look at! Good luck! Msdoie

thunderbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My E2 had the opposite problem. It's too high 4880, and they're canceling me because of that.

hatzy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris. Your E2 can definitely jump up in a couple of days.

I had the same problem. From what I understand about E2 levels, as long as they go up is what's important. I did a lot of research online about E2 when I did my first IVF in November, and I found out a few things. Only one site mentioned this, but overweight women tend to have lower E2 levels. Does that mean eqq quality is lower? They didn't address that. Also, My RE told me (while I was doing IUIs), that E2 is responsible for lining and signalling the LH to surge. I had a relatively low E2 for all my IUI cycles, but my lining was nice and thick and I had no issues with LH, so the E2 was doing its job.

That being said, although they saw lots of follies growing during my ivf cycle, my E2 peaked at 600 by day 10 and they only retreived 4 mature eggs.
    Ask your RE why your E2 is low and is it a concern to him/her.

Me: 39 DH: 39 PCOS and overweight
    10/20/03 Second trimester loss - IC or Preterm Labor - jury still out
    5 IUIs + Clomid + Metformin = BFNs;
    IVF #1-3 BFN 2006-2008
    New Doc 4/09 - DX- immune issues and clotting disorder IVF#4 7/09 BFP! m/c 8/8/09
    IVF #5 August 2010! ER 8/13/10 BFP! m/c 9/12/10

ChrisL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well from my understanding my lining looks great and my follies are pretty good. Total of 14 and smallest one measuring 11 on my day 8 largest was a 14. I just hope that the E2 went up over the past couple days and my testing shows good things tomorrow and we can proceed with the IVF. I'm still a bit new to this IVF for this is my first one and the only other treatment i had gone through was clomid... i wasn't a "good candidate" for IUI's. Thank you all for your feedback and any other advise or comments would be appreciated.

ChrisL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    well a bit of bad news for todays results E2 went down to 66 they told me they don't think anything will happen by the 28th but they want me to continue the meds and f.u with them anyway.... so i guess that means i'll be canceled

hatzy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry Chris. Were you able to talk to the doc yet about why they think it dropped? I've heard of it rising slowly, but not dropping off. Maybe going off the lupron caused you to O on your own? That would explain the E2 dropping. Hopefully your RE can answer lots of questions for you and change your protocol next time.

Dulcinea, I'm not too sure about the supplementing it. The E2 rise is a result of the follies growing, so the supplements would cause a sort of fake rise.

IVF #1-3 BFN 2006-2008
    New Doc 4/09 - DX- immune issues and clotting disorder IVF#4 7/09 BFP! m/c 8/8/09

ChrisL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its canceled day 12 was e2 level of 38
    The only good news is my RE wants to jump right into another cycle instead of waiting. I have an appt at 10:45 tomorrow

hatzy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awww sorry Chris. But that's terrific about the next cycle. Any explanation of the E2 issue from your RE?

Robyn- I think the supplement may help with lining issues. But I'm not too sure. The E2 thing has been bothering me for months. I can't get a straight answer about it from the RE and no one seems to want to commit to any definitive answer..our bodies are F'd for sure.

IVF #1-3 BFN 2006-2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast