FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sandra16m
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any BFP from Grade B embryos?

I was told I had a beautiful Grade A embryo on Sunday, but yesterday at Transfer time they told me it was 9-cell grade B. The doctor said it looked beautiful and it was very happy with it, but I was crushed.

2. Advertisement

JandBC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

pg. mntd.

I know all clinics score differently...there doesn't seem to be a universally accepted way of rating embryos.

I don't know if I had Grade B because my clinic scores from 1-4. My RE told me though that it was rare for them to see many 1's. This last cycle, I transferred 1 8-cell grade 2 and 1 9-cell grade 2...and I got a BFP! My first u/s is tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK! Sounds like you have a fabby embie....just what they want to see at day 3.

JC
    Me: 34 / DH: 33 - TTC #1 for 4 LONG years-Clomid, multiple IUI's, 1 BFN IVF w/ NO natural fertilization
    IVF #2: BFP!: OUR MIRACLE BABY GIRL Bella Sofia - 18 MONTHS! http://bellasofiac.blogspot.com/

Currently TTC #2...FET #1: BFN , IVF #3: Feb. 09! Back on the ART wagon...GULP!

Emma
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have NEVER had perfect embies!

babies mtnd...

My two year old twins are the result of lesser grade embies which were also behind in cell growth at transfer time! Keep hope!!! Sometimes those not so great embies make the most beautiful babies!!! ~Emma
    Emma
    me 36/dh 36 / ttc since May 2001
    3 IVFs 2 FETs 3 angels
    Our miracles are here!
    Joseph Gabriel and Gabrielle Elizabeth 10-16-04

Basherte
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Sandra-

I had 6 eggs at ER, 4 fertilized, and 3 made it to day 3. We had one B+, a B, and a C-. We put back the better two and I am now 18 weeks pg with a singleton (with a level 2 u/s and amnio that came back perfect). More proof that less than perfect embies can make beautiful babies....so don't despair!!!!!

Best of luck,

Bash
    Me 42 DH 42
    DS (from first marriage) 04/23/97
    Dx: Male Factor; ttc 1 year; 2 IUI's BFN; IVF/ICSI #1 July 2006 BFP!!!
    4/8/07 Our miracle boy!!!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -The Grateful Dead
    "Greater is the one who facilitates than the one who does"- Talmud

Sandra16m
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much for giving me hope. I was so sad that I only had one little embie and to hear it wasn't perfect crushed me. I cried the entire day, ENTIRE DAY.
    So thank you.

Bash - thanks for your post. We have male factor and I rarely seem to find sucess stories with that diagnosis. Thak you.

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, I've never had a BFP with grade Bs but I've had TWO BFPs with even worse!
    My clinics did not grade embryos like that but from what I understand, mine was sub-par, mediocre qualitiy with fragmentation. SO, probably more of a C at best. Good luck!

indianbebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandra

My BFP was from 3 Grade B 8 cells and I'm preggo with twins. Try not to worry.......Many women have success with less than "perfect" embies. My RE sais they actually rarely see "perfect" embies. I hope this is your cycle and your 2ww goes by quickly.

littlecalista
    has no status.

My heart is still in Seattle, the rest of me is in FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

success/baby ment'd

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra16m
    I was so sad that I only had one little embie and to hear it wasn't perfect
    Oh I totally know where you're coming from!! My very last shot at IVF (#3) we ended up having only one little embryo too. And my clinic had 2 rating systems. My embryo was grade 2 (same as B) and had a GES score of 65 which according to their rating system gave him a measily 19% chance of sticking......

Well he DID stick and is now a prefectly perfect 2.5 yr old!!

Good luck to you and your lone embryo!!
    Many and ++++++++ thoughts,
    Angela

Sandra16m
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    really?? I guess I shoudl have a little bit of hope then. I just feel so negative and I don't know why. what is a PUPO?

Sandra16m
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    REally??? that's sooo cute. I kept seeing that, and didn't know what it was LOL

Thank you much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast