FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Gonjo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Could Progesterone shots delay Menstrual Cycle???

Hi everybody!

Question. Today is supposed to be "that day of the month" for my wife and I was wondering... since I'm giving her the Progesterone injections could that delay the actual menstrual cycle for her? In other words it is Monday almost 11:00am in Miami an so far no news from her which is great but I want to make sure the progesterone will not affect her regular cycle. We have an appointment with her doctor for Wednesday to do the pregnancy test... Please help!!!

Thank you!!

Gonjo

2. Advertisement

DianaNJ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, If you're doing IVF, then yes the progesterone in oil shots will keep AF from arriving. If you don't get pg (which I know you and your wife will!! )then the doc will tell you to stop the prog shots and AF would arrive a few days later. Good luck!!
    Mommy to
    6 years old
    1 year old
    due February

Mite
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Progesterone stops your period from starting. If the pregnancy test comes back positive then you will probably continue on with the shots for a while, but if it's negative you will stop the shots and then her period will start a couple of days later.

I hope you get the + you are waiting for. Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
    Proud Mum to Benjamin & Elliott Born 1/25/07 at 30w6d (4lbs1oz, 3lbs6oz)