FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hoping2succeed
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Anyone use Dexamethasone?

Ladies - I have a question for you all on dexamethasone. Its basically a catabolic steroid to assist with good egg quality when I start the stims.Has anyone used it in their cycle - I started taking it with my day 1 of lupron. I feel like its making me extremely tired and giving me headaches & nausea but of course, it could all just be in my head. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced other side effects...

Thanks for your input on this...
    Anju

2. Advertisement

kat8873
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anju - I was on Dexamethasone until my 8th week and I didn't have any problems with it. Your headaches may be from that but also could be from Lupron (i think you just started that???) I had a few SEVER headaches from the lupron. I hope this helps.

SomedayMommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PG METD

I took Dex, and I really don't remember side effects. BUT! The only cycle I used the dex was my BFP!

hoping2succeed
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for responding ladies. You're right - I started lupron yesterday as well, so it might be from either of those meds. I am guessing my body will adjust to this in a couple more days - I'll keep you all posted during the rest of the cycle. I am so tempted to start a blog and capture this journey as a life experience, so I may just do that!!!Sticky vibe to all of you...

Anju

Laura from Iowa
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used dexa with each of my cycles and didn't experience any side effects. However I only used lupron with one cycle and I had MONSTER headaches.
    Me (35) DH (39)
    IUI #1 8-05 BFN;IUI #2 9-05 BFN
    IVF #1 12-05 cancelled
    IVF #2 4-06 converted to IUI BFN
    IVF #3 4-06 converted again to IUI -- BFN

TinyTrudy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took dex with 2 of my cycles, there was a post on it somewhere. Mayabe it's in the archives. I will look at little later so I don't have to retype it...lol

Yes though the side effects are nasty but that could also be the lupron?
    7 failed IUI's
    3 Failed IVF's
    #3 was a bust I suppose we are onto #4
    IVF#4 May/June 2007. For now it's accupuncture and herbs. I will get
    Ya Ya Fairy Princess of the Lullaby League who will defeat IF from Pennsylvania People

Miracle78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    I know this is a old thread but i am hoping we will have some input from the ladies on the board now

3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    I took Dex with both of my cycles between ER and ET. I don't remember any side effects with it. However all steroids can make you a bit unusual. Hungry and moody come to mind.
    Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)

misscynic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow

Brand new here...on dexamethasone

Hello ladies! I'm just going to jump in with both feet and start posting...I'll do an intro later.

I'm on day three of my stim shots but have been on lupron and dexamethasone since 8/4. The only side effect I notice from the dexamethasone is that I have a lot of trouble sleeping if I take it right before bed. Instead I've been taking it after dinner or after an 8pm snack (you are definitely supposed to take it with food), and that really helps avoid the ups and downs all night.

Anju, I wonder if your headaches and nausea could be from the lupron? I think both are listed as "possible side effects."

Miracle78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Good luck with your stimms. Did your RE tell you why you are on Dex?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast