FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    SnugglePigeon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone going to RMA of NJ?

Hello ladies!

I'm curious as to how many of you are going or have gone to RMA of NJ, and what has been your experience there?

Shell

TTC: 1 year
    DX: Severe MF
    TX: (1) IUI w/Injectibles Oct 2005 BFN
    Gearing up for my first IVF/ICSI Feb 2006

2. Advertisement

NJHeidi.
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness - sorry I didn't see your post sooner! I go to RMA-NJ. My Dr. is Dr. Scott. I've had a really good experience w/ them. As you can see from my signature, I've done lots of IVFs. The last two (one of which resulted in ds) were with RMA NJ. The only bummer is that if you go to the Morristown office for monitoring, the wait can be super long. I suggest going for your initial consult, etc. w/ an RE in Morristown (I personally suggest Dr. Scott or Dr. Drews), but doing your in cycle monitoring at Somerset or one of the other offices. Good luck!!
    IVF #1 and #4 - BFP but early mc
    IVF #2, #3 and #5 - BFN
    IVF #6 - 8/03 de success story!!
    Ryan Evan is here !! Arrived 4/10/04 7lb. 6 oz.!!
    IVF #7 - 1/06 - BFN
    FET #1 - BFP 5/7/06 ; saw a hb 5/23/06 (edd 01/14/07)

SnugglePigeon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Heidi!

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually switched RE's and started going to RMA of NJ since last october. We've did all of our testing over again and where as before we had unexplained infertility, the doc at RMA was suspicious of the SA from my old RE and suggested another one and we found out that my husband has a morphology less than 2%, so we have decided to go straight to IVF/ICSI. Thank goodness my husbands insurance pays for it at 80% and my insurance covers the medications (only had a $195 copay all in all). I was actually referred to RMA of NJ by one of the fertility nurses that is one of my patients, although she has since quit and moved to Maryland. She gave me info on all of the docs and even though I've heard fabulous things about Dr. Drews, Scott and Slowey, I have been very impressed with Dr. Morris. I kind of need that handholding and gentleness and because of that she was suggested. I work in Englewood and live near the West Orange office, so I tend to go there for my bw etc... I've not had to wait so far which I'm really greatful of. I just went off BCP friday and start stimming Tuesday. I'm really excited and nervous too. Really nervous about any kind of bad news I may get, not so much the procedures. Anyway, by the time we went through all the testing again and got in to take the injection class (boy was that a wait) we are finally here. It's only been a years journey for us, and it seems to have taken forever. If you have any advice I would appreciate any. It sounds like you may be stimming in March? Please keep me posted on how things go. Also, was curious, a lot of girls here have what they call "mock transfers". Dr. Morris never mentioned anything about that. Did you ever have one done or know if they even do one? Thank you for your reply and good luck to you!

Shell

Jenniferm
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I go to RMA. I also have Dr. Scott though I have seen him once since initial consult. I guess I could have used any one of them since it doesnt seem to matter. The morning monitoring is very long. I would suggest getting there around 6 am because you will get out sooner. The closer to 7:30 you get, the longer the wait will be.

I never had a mock transfer. Just the real one. It was uncomfortable with all the drinking water and filling of the bladder but luckliy I was first on transfer day so I didnt have to wait all that long. My beta is tomorrow so I dont have anything else to say.

Good luck

qrychefan
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    SnugglePigeon - which RE's office did you switch from?
    TTC 3.5+ yrs

2005: 2 IUI cycles - BFN ; 1 cancelled IUI
    2006: 1st attempt IVF Feb 2006 - BFN ; 2nd attempt IVF May 2006 - BFN ; Final attempt FET Oct 2006 - BFN
    2007+: Going "au naturale". Maybe we'll get fortunate...

maguire
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I go to RMA of NJ as well. I usually post on IVF connections board based on location. There are about 7 to 8 girls that I talk to on that site that are going through cycles. I have been very happy with RMA up to my last IVF cycle. They had changed my protocol from IVF #1 because I did not have enough mature eggs. Therefore, I used Ganiriliex the 2nd cycle and at ER I had 21 eggs 18 that were mature. It was a great outcome. Dr. Lee called to congratulate us on such a wonderful cycle. Then on transfer day 5 I received a call advising that all my 16 embryos had arrested. I was devastated. I had my consult last week and we were advised that we should do a donor split cycle. They would like to put my eggs in a dish with DH's sperm and in another dish put my eggs with donor sperm. We were advised that we can put back the best embryos(DH or donor) or just put back DH and use the donor as a test. I received a call from my nurse Joyce advising of the different sperm banks as well as to set up a date for DH to go in for SCSA test. This test looks for DNA defects in sperm. Not once was this mentioned in consult but we were advised to use a donor. Why would I go ahead with a donor cycle without results from the SCSA test? DH went on Friday for the test and we are waiting for the results. I have also set up a consult with St. Barnabas. I just am not buying RMA's theory about the paternal DNA being damaged causing my embryos on 2nd cycle to arrest. On first cycle I had 2 blasts. Statistically there assesment does not make any sense. Last cycle I only had 5 embryos three of which made it to day 5. This cycle I had 16 embryos growing to 8 cells that arrested on day 4 or 5. If my first cycle was just like the 2nd cycle I would go ahead with the donor but it wasn't. Even using the donor sperm as a test has been causing us to have a moral dilemma. Maybe if the SCSA test comes back abnormal I may chnage my mind but as of now I just think I will be going ahead as if this new assesment did not exists.

I went in for day 3 BW (WO office) today and should start BCP this week. My IVF cycle should start the last week of February. If the consult at St Barnabas goes well I may end up switching. But as of now I am going ahead as if cycle is taking place until new info comes along.

All The Best,
    Lauren

TTC: 6 years
    DX: DH: Severe MF Me: Adenomyosis, Endo and Hypothyroidism
    TX: 1st IVF BFN transferred 2 blast, 2nd IVF failed 16 embryos arrested
    Gearing up for my 3rd IVF March 2006

SnugglePigeon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lauren

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I can't begin to imagine what you have gone through. I wish I could give you a big hug. It's hard to go about life in a normal fashion when going through IF. My life has changed so drastically this past year and I will never be the same person I was before this started. For one thing I have a new appreciation for life, what a miracle it is and how amazing the body is and how strong us women are emotionally. I would like to join your board if you wouldn't mind telling me how to get there. I hope that you receive good news on this latest test. Please keep me informed on that. I was supposed to start stimming on 2/7 but when I went in for my baseline u/s and b/w, they found a cyst in my left ovary. This really upset me because I've gone through so much just to get a chance to even try IVF. It also surprised me because we have MF infertility and my bloodwork has always been normal with never a history of a cyst. I go in Thursday 2/9 morning for more b/w and another u/s. They think it could just be hormonal. I'm hoping that we can either try and aspirate it or take care of it asap, so that I can start my cycle. It would be wonderful if we cycled together. It is so frustrating not to have an explanation of why things happen. Sometimes I feel as if no one really knows and it's hard to make a decision on just speculation. I would definately ask questions. Write down all of them and then call the nurse or set up another consultation with the doctor. I know that sometimes I feel guilty for bothering them, but we shouldn't. It's our body and we have every right to ask. No one understands what we go through unless they have experienced IF. It's one of the most devestating things I've had to experience in my life and I've been through a lot. I will be thinking of you, and hoping for the best of test results. Please let me know how to reach your board. I would love to join other RMA cycle buddies.

Good luck!
    Shell

maguire
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Shell,

It would be great to have join our group on IVF connections. Go to ivfconnections.com click on bulletin boards and click on the link right below this question Why do we require registration? Proceed to register and you will then be able to login. Once you are logged in click on IVF. Then on IVF by location, then IVF in the US and finally in New Jersey. You will see our group labelled Calling all RMA girls cycling now. Let me know if you have any problems. We all talk on a daily basis and it has been a wonderful support system. You are definetly on point. My life has been turned upside down the last year. I am finding it very hard to relate to others. Fortunately, I have one friend who has been very supportive and has been their for all my ups and downs. At times though I start to feel guilty. She just had a baby and I am sure she would like to share all her wonderful experiences but feels that she may hurt my feelings. Therefore, that is why I turn to the cyber world where others truly understand because they are suffering the same as me.

See you there,
    Lauren

dmm2101
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Snugglepigeon - what part of Jersey are you in? I live in Matawan and went to Dr. Knockenhuer on Staten Island. His success rate with IVF is amazing. I got pregnant my first IVF and now I am 5 months pregnant with twins. The four girls that were scheduled the same day as me for IVF all got pregnant with twins. You should check into him. If you would like more info on him, just let me know. He is also not to far from the Outerbridge.

Dawn

greywolf18
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shell!

I go to RMA NJ too!!! Wow - I'm surprised that there are so many of us on here that go to RMA!

I see Dr. Drews (well, saw him once) and I have Nurse Irene. I love everyone there, and I've barely had to wait each time I've gone in. I like the atmosphere there, though I wish people would respect the "no kids in the waiting room" policy, since it really bothers me when they bring in their babies and everyone oohs and ahhs over them - just makes me feel worthless.

Anyway, there was so much I wanted to respond to in your post, that I actually had to copy it into my text box to make sure I catch everything!

We have MF too, low sperm count (went from 2 sperm to 2.5 million sperm, thank goodness!) so we will be doing IVF/ICSI, too. We might have our first cycle in April, but since my injection class isn't until March 7th, I would be 4 days late for starting Lupron. I'm going to call Nurse Irene and see if we can't fix that.

I go to the Morristown office, too - it's the closest one for me. I live in East Stroudsburg, PA, so it's a two hour drive to get there. My hubby works in Englewood Cliffs, but unfortunately he's not the one who has to go see them every other day. *laughs*

When did they have you start BCP for your cycle? I'm curious, since Nurse Irene hasn't told me, and I would like to make sure I can get on schedule, in case we can start in April. It's been 3.5 years - I have reason to be impatient!

RMA hasn't mentioned anything about mock transfers. The most they did was that "this is what IUI feels like" deal when we had our initial consult. I have a feeling that's about as far as the "mock transfer" goes anyway. RMA doesn't seem to be into doing any more tests/procedures than neccesary, and I appreciate that (why waste money?). I think they don't bother with the mock transfer because it would cost us money, and why have a mock transfer when you can have the real thing?

Well, I think I responded to everything. Here's a stupid side note though: did any other RMA Morristown gals notice that they took away that gorgeous fish tank? I loved watching the fish... it was relaxing, and got my mind off of why I was there.

*hugs*

~Tara Ann

Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast