FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lynne28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Going Crazy--Symptoms 2ww

Hi All,

I am really going crazy right now. I am going through my first 2 ww and don't go for my beta until 11/28. I was wondering what symptoms any of you are experiencing during this special time in hell. I had terrible indigestion/nausea for about a day and half and a headache, but today I have nothing. I did take an HPT last night (7dp3dt) w/ a BFP, but everyone said it was too early to test. To make matters worse, my DH is out of the country and we have told noone else about the IVF. So....all of you get to fill in for him as my sounding board. Lucky you!!!! Seriously, any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Lynne

2. Advertisement

KarenS-MI
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hi Lynne,
    7dpt is too soon to test. I this stinks, but there is no way that you'd feel any true symptoms of pregnancy because it's too early for that. True pg symptoms will show up between 5-6w of pregnancy, so when you test at 14dpt, you'll be considered 4w. The reasons you'd experience true pg symptoms is because the pg hormones are raging in your body, causing you to feel things. At this point in your 2ww, anything that you're feeling is more than likely caused by the meds that you're taking, as Progesterone & Estrogen can mimic pregnancy symptoms. Sorry, I'm not trying to bust your bubble, but just trying to make sure you realize that feelings like this can be normal, but they don't mean anything. I've seen ladies have every symptom in the book & others have not a single solitary thing! For my very 1st cycle, I felt EVERYTHING, yet got a BFN. For my 3 successful cycles, I didn't feel a single, solitary, cotton pickin' thing, yet I got BFP's on those & my 1st BFP started as twins!!

Hang in there!! Monday is just around the corner & then you'll know for sure!!

Karen
    ttc #1 for 7 1/2 years
    ~ IVF #1, 6-93, cancelled; IVF#2/rescue ICSI- 7-99, failed
    ~(switched RE's) ZIFT/ICSI- 1-00, successful w/twins, lost 1 at 8w
    ~ ZIFT/ICSI #2, to try for #2- March '03- successful
    ~ GS- IVF #1, 7-05 failed. FET 10-05- BFP, m/c 5w5d

brookles76
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lynne,

I too have my beta on 11/28. Let's hope we have a good day. Karen is right...those things can be misleading...but hey..you never know!! Maybe it is a good sign for you!! The meds we are on.....mock pg symptoms a lot of the times so it is just so hard to tell.
    Me (32) DH (33)
    IVF #3-1st beta 10dp5dt-273 2nd beta 12dp5dt-814
    It's TWINS!! 7/18/06 &

Lynne28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Spotting

Thanks to both of you for responding to my hysteria. Unfortunately I have a new problem now. Since today is black friday, my sister and I have an annual tradition to shop til we drop. Well tonight at 6:00 pm when I went to the bathroom to do my progesterone, there was a slight bit of blood. I called the doctor right away and he said to take it easy this weekend and just come in on Monday for the beta. He said many women experience this and he wasn't too concerned. I am hoping I just over exerted myself today and it isn't a sign of my period or miscarriage. Since I have been home there has been no more blood, so I am hoping that is a good sign. Has anyone else experienced this and still had a BFP???

Thanks for all your help!!

Lynne

misskitty
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Warning: Pg. and BFP mentd.

Hi Lynne,
    I just wanted to reassure you a little bit about the pg. symptoms. I'm a relative newbie, but I just finished my 2ww last week and I know how that can play tricks on your mind. I didn't have ANY symptoms that I noticed and it worked out for me.

I'm really sorry about the little bit of spotting. That must be scary. But luckily it was only a very little bit. I have read on these boards that it happens to a lot of women throughout their pregnancies. I hope that you have a relaxing weekend and that you get good news on Monday.

Best wishes!!!

brookles76
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lynne,

Yes the spotting has happened to me...3 days before beta and then got a BFP on beta day. So....I think things are going in the right direction for you!!
    Me (32) DH (33)
    IVF #3-1st beta 10dp5dt-273 2nd beta 12dp5dt-814
    It's TWINS!! 7/18/06 &

Lynne28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the reassuring words. This is really the first time I have gotten up today and I will probably be going back to bed soon. The bleeding subsided overnight, but I started spotting again around 7:30 am. It isn't too much (nothing like a period), but it has been pretty consistent throughout the day and is pretty scary. I hope there is a logical explanation, but I guess I will just have to wait until Monday to see. Hopefully we will all get good news on Monday.

Talk to you next time I get up.

Cya,
    Lynne

JustMe643
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lynn,
    I am sorry to hear about the spotting. Like someone said, I have read many times that that happens in even normal pregnancy's. I'm not an expert, but maybe it is just your body adjusting.
    Good Luck Monday. My thoughts are with you...
    ~Rhonda
    DH 33 Me 32

Blessed by God through the process of IVF/FET
    Proud parents of our sweet Baby Girl "Jessica". Born Dec 8th, 2006 6lb 14oz 19."

Being a Mom feels like A dream. If it is, I hope I never wake up..

BostonBaby
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn,

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I have heard of many people who have spotting before their positive betas so don't loose hope!

I'm actually going through a similar thing right now...except that I've been bleeding (not spotting) for days now. My beta is in the morning, but I'm not holding out much hope. I figure even if it IS positive, there is too much blood for there not to be something wrong.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and be thinking about you on Monday.

Best of luck,
    Jennifer

Jes100
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn and Jennifer- I am in the same situation. Spotting. I read the IVF book that my clinic gave me and it said it happens (both spotting and bleeding) and that you can still have a positive beta. I went to church and heard in the sermon that you need Faith to make Miricals happen. I have faith for all of us going through IVF. Best wishes to both of you.
    JES
    9/18/06 Twins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast