FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

wishing
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Do you always get a period if you defidently ovulated

OK i am not sure which forum to post this in so I will try here. Last month I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor put me on Met and I came in every three days for an ultasound and blood work. He just wanted to make sure that I ovulated I did just over two weeks ago. He told me that I would get my period friday or saturday at the latest. It is now sunday and no sign of it showing. There is no chance that I am pregnant. I am upset because we are just waiting for my period to start the next meds. My ER was supposed to be aprox. August 23. I am worried don't people always get a period if they did ovulate? Will this push back my ER date?

2. Advertisement

wishing & hopin
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stress and worry can sometime delay Aunt Flo. As far as your retrieval date that may or may not be affected. That is usually determined by how you respond to the meds more than anything else. Try wearing light colored pants tomorrow and have an incredibly busy day that might do the trick.

GidgetOH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people take longer to get AF after they ovulate. Hopefully it will show up tonight or tomorrow.
    Gidget(36) DH (36)
    #1 & #2 IVF, 4 FETs all BFN
    IF break, International Adoption (best decision of my life)
    #3 IVF BFP Sept 2005 then m/c 8w3d Baby Boy
    5th FET m/c
    I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maribelle
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK, I may be completely wrong but I always thought that the luteal phase was the one consistent thing about a woman's cycle. For instance, sometimes, I have 36 day cycles, and sometimes lately they have been closer to 60 days. The one thing that is consistent no matter how long my cycle is that AF always comes 13-14 days after I O. So in a 36 day cycle, I didn't O until CD22. In a 60 day cycle, I O'd on CD46. Usually, stress or illness effects that first stage before O. How long is your LP usually? I would say that if you definitely Od, the RE might have just been a little off on the exact O time, but it should happen very soon. Once again, I am no expert, but this is just what I have learned from a few books and my own experience. Please feel free to correct me if anyone has info to the contrary.

I just finished up the waiting game for my AF and it is no fun, so I hope yours comes ASAP. I bet it will be there soon, like tomorrow!

Mari

jbourke
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can have a long luteal phase according to my last RE... it is almost always consistant, but not every time. Hang in there wishing. Your AF will be here and you will be cycling before you know it.

Where outside TO are you?

JO
    Me 30 DH 37 TTC 4.5 yrs 5 IUI's & a LAP in 04 (endo) ALL BFN
    IVF # 1 Aug 05 BFN (5 frozen) FET#1 Sept 06 BFN.
    LOW LAD elevated NK cells. IVIg, Prednisone & had LIT on Nov 1st. Last FET approx Nov 23/06 Then we are done and moving to adoption!
    Mademoiselle of all clarinet players & scrap booking who’s a wonderful mommy to 2 furdoggies and 1 furkitty whom will defeat IF from Toronto people.

EileenG
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing,

I am one of those people who every month get AF but don't ovualte on my own...

Just because you get AF doesn't always mean you ovualte...
    Eileen
    Me 35 Endometrium Issues DH 31 Slight Motility Issue
    IVF/ICSI/AH #1 & 2 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI/AH #3 - BFP m/c 8w5d (Trisomy 22)
    IVF/ISCI/AH #4 & 5 - BFN
    IVF/ISCI/AH #6 August/September - BFP m/c (chemical)

wishing
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    It came today YA!! so hopefully I will be starting Goneral -F (I know its spelt wrong) in a few days.