FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

laamonkey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Earliest I can take a preg test

I just had IUI last Weds (8 days ago) and the Dr told me to wait 2 weeks before I take a preg test because I may get a false posative due to the shot I took to release the eggs. I am obsessing, ofcourse, and I want to know when the earliest accurate "posative" preg test others have taken after IUI.
    Thanks!

2. Advertisement

tess1026
    Thankful
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ahh! the age ol' question! The standard answer is 2 weeks. But after years of being on the boards there are many women who "test out the trigger", meaning testing knowing its a false positive, until you test negative. Then 2 lines after that negative is the real thing. At 8 dpo, you are in a grey area. IF you tested and it's negative, don't give up hope - AT ALL! IF it's positive, continue to test for a few days. The test line should be getting darker each day. If its a false positive, then it would be getting lighter...

All that to say, that if you can hold out, your best bet is to wait at least to 12 dpo.

Good Luck!
    Vickie

laamonkey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Progesterone

Thank you so much Vickie! I am actually out of town and promised myself and my husband that I would not do another test until I get back home on Saturday. We will see if I can last that long. ;-)
    Because you seem to be so knowledgable and my insurance (Kaiser) is not so efficient at giving me any info for weeks after my lab tests, I have another Q for u.

By chance, do you know anything about Progesterone levels? I cannot seem to find a legitamate refrence guide or explanation for my blood results.

Like I said on my last post, I had my IUI done last Weds. Jan. 25th. My Dr. had me go to the lab and get blood drawn to test my Progesterone level yesterday. (she said to go one week after the IUI).
    My Progesterone level is 60.[ Does anyone know if this is good or bad or what it could mean? Ofcourse my on-line test results were blank in the "standard range" section so I have nothing to tell me if this is high or low, or good news or bad. Thank you again!

Felicia2012
    is tired!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Daring
    Hi Laamonkey,

Hope you are not going crazy with the 2ww. I broke down and took a test today on my D8PIUI - negative. I guess it just shows that the trigger is out of the system. I found a pregnancy test calendar on pregnology.com which helped me realize that there is no way I can tell for sure on Day 8 if I'm pregnant. Anyway, I know you posted a few days ago, but wanted to share anyway. My RE didn't say anything about blood work 1 week after IUI... did you figure out what's up with the Progesterone levels?
    Me: 38, RE says perhaps DOR
    FHS 11.3 (Dec '11) 8 (Jan '12) 4, 6, 10 and 13.6 (summer /12) AMH 0.68 (Jan '12)

IUI #1: 1/27/12 MC @ 6 weeks
    IUI#2-3: BFN
    IUI#4: Sept '12 Gonal F + trigger - 14dpiui: 118, 17dpiui:421, U/S w 6 - 8: one bean with HB 112, 145, 182, graduated to OB 10/22/12. Due date June 1st, 2013

BC-pangolin
    is back on the IUI train
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My RE told me to test on Day 4 to see if the trigger was still in my system, then again on Day 8 if and only if day 4 was positive (where it SHOULD be negative no matter what) and then again on Day 12-14 though to understand I may not get a positive until day 17+. I bought a bunch of really cheap tests for this off Amazon. Wondfo, you can get 50 of them for $10. So far the tests have been the cheapest part of this entire process.

angelady
    is hopeful!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice...i didn't really have any practical advice to go on, except the standard 'ol 2ww