FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What should follicle size be the day of trigger?

I go in Sunday for my follie check. We are doing natural IUI with an Ovidrel trigger. My RE(as some of you have read), likes to do the shot at the office and IUI 24 hrs later(or even earlier). I had 2 successful IUIs before that were done at 39 & 37 hrs. This is my 9th IUI total of all my IUIs ever(2 successful, 6 unsuccessful), so I wanna get this right! He knows how I feel but said reluctantly he would do 36 hrs if that's really what I want, even though my previous dr's protocol doesn't matter to him. I usually O on day 14 and my sono is day 12. I want to ask him to let me trigger that night at home on day 12, and IUI morning of day 14 if my follie is big enough on day 12. I don't trust his timing at all and he doesn't care what my other drs did to achieve pgs in the past(TWO other REs that used the same protocol- 36ish hrs). If you've done a natural IUI with HCG trigger, what sz were your follies on trigger day? I can't remember what they were with my other drs. I think my current RE triggered me in-office last month when they were 21mm or so. Not sure though. Thx!
    Dislikes humblingme disliked this post

2. Advertisement

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well I hope he will anyway! We'll see!!!
    Amy

claire79
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE triggers me when they are over 20 mm, but I think it can vary depending on the person. They've found that I make big follicles, up to 30+ mm. It's been mostly on medicated cycles when they are waiting for the smaller follicles to get big enough to ovulate, but even on the natural cycles they've waited till they're over 20 mm to trigger.
    As for the timing, my RE does 2 IUIs, 24 and 48 hours after trigger. I think ovulation happens about 36 hours after trigger, so the 36 hour timing for a single IUI makes sense to me. I like the reassurance of having 2 so I know I'm covered either way!
    Good luck tomorrow!

Claire

Fertility Queen
    me 40, starting 1st iui cycle

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ok first to answer ur question, I've been at 18 with dec iui on my last folli check n told to trigger maybe 2 days after. This iui I had folli check on sun memorial day weekend n was 20 n told to trigger that night for Monday n tues iui.

Next, this is wut irks me. You've ALREADY had 2 successful iuis so obviously the protocol that worked then shud be the way to go. Why keep taking n failing a test when the answers r on the board?! And wuts with it's MY body, MY money yet YOU call the shots n we can't agree to compromise?! If this iui doesn't work n I pray it does, but if not I'd discuss w him ur concerns n tell him ur considering another RE that listens n hears u.

I have a health condition which requires a neuro, chiro, GP n more. My philosophy is u may be the Md but I have the phd in ME. Meaning ur not gonna just TELL me wut YOU'RE gonna do w my body n money. So when I say I have a 'team' of doctors it is a TEAM effort but know for sure I'm the friggen Steinbrenner of this show. Arghhhh. Drs annoy me with their professional bullying.

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So guess what happened today in Sono day? I get there and they take me to the IUI room. I asked him are they thawing out the sperm?? I am supposed to get a Sono today and I won't ovulate for two more days! He said yes they got confused and then he kind if blamed it on me cause I changed my appt time. Long story but he orig told me to get my Sono Monday and I said no, I that's too late I need to come in on day 11 or 12, sat or sun. Urgh! He did the Sono and my follow was 24 mm so he said I think your O'ing now let's do the IUI and I'll pay for more sperm if you want. Can't order it today though on sun. I'm doing my shot tonight and going in for a 8:30 sono to look at the follie again. If there's a chance I haven't o'd we'll do another IUI Tues am. It's all jacked up!!! By looking at my follie, I think I really may be O'ing so maybe it will work out :/.
    Last edited by AmyA; 06-05-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: sig

aimeemee
    can't wait to get started
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    AmyA, it sounds like it may actually work out for you - you have all bases covered if you've done an IUI already and get to do another on TUes if you hadn't O'd already. this is it for you!

durantebaby
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow Amy! That sounds like good news if you ask me! A little unexpected change like that can make a big difference! I am keeping my fingers cross for you girl!!

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I guess it was good timing because today's sono showed the follicle had collapsed!!! Yessss! Lucky for me.... and for my dr, since he was going to have to pay for more sperm since they messed up! I did the Ovidrel last night since he said it would provide extra support should I get pg.
    Amy

PaleSpring
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My doctor tells me to trigger when my biggest follicle is 18 I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast