FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    kaylansmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

There is hope...

After ttc for 2 yrs I found out this week that our 4th IUI has worked. It's early (only 5 weeks along), but I'm so excited. I just wanted to share our story and hopefully give you all some hope.

In 2001 my right ovary was removed because of a very large cyst (11 cm).
    I've done 10 cycles of Clomid--2 unsuccessful IUI's w/ clomid.
    This last Sept I started my first try at Follistim. The first cycle was a no-go as my follicles just didn't respond well (150 units).

The 2nd cycle of Follistim I was over stimulated and had 8-10 mature follicles. We still did the IUI, but looking back now we probably shouldn't have. I had a lot of pain!

We took a cycle off to let my one and only ovary recover.

This last cycle I did Follistim again, but we took it really slow. I was actually injecting 150 units every night for 3 weeks (cd3-22). I didn't get the HCG shot until day 23 of my cycle. On my last U/S I had 3 good follicles 17-20mm and then did the IUI 36 hrs later on cd 25. On a side note, my first 3 IUI's we did the insemination 24 hrs after the HCG shot, not 36hrs.

I was worried about dragging out this last cycle so long and injecting Follistim for so long, but being patient has paid off this time.

DH & I were going to try 6 IUI's before moving on to IVF (6 IUIs is what our insurance would've covered).

I'm still really nervous because it is so early, but I wanted you to hear a success story.

Good luck...
    kaylansmom

2. Advertisement

kaylansmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

There is hope..(cont'd)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have mild PCOS and am on 1000mg of Metformin a day, and that my husband's sperm count is good.

Also, I did take a HPT 2 weeks after this last IUI and it was negative, but I retested when a week later my AF didn't show, and it came out positive!!
    kaylansmom

hoping&hoping
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ladies. I am 34 and have been ttc for 12 years. We have male factor infertility. After trying diui X 3 on clomid, I changed donors and started on injects. On the 14day I decided to go ahead and have my blood drawn because I didn't want to be suprised when AF showed up. I had some mild cramping and just knew that the old witch was near. I checked the results (because I'm in healthcare) and they weren't back yet. WHAT!!??!!! It had been an hour. Anyway, I checked it again before it was time to go to clinic. OMG it was High at 156. WHAT???!!!!????? I thought I was seeing things. I started shaking and immediately called my RE. I told them the results and all I remember them saying was "Congratulations". OMG!!!!!! Congratulations. I'm still in shock getting ready to fall out of my chair.

OK. Now what? I got to call DH. I had to think about the number. I'm sitting there bawling trying to control myself when he answered. I've always imagined all these cute ways of telling my dh that we were having a baby and what did I do...... I called him and blurted it out. Yep.... I blurted it out. By Monday night everyone in our families knew that I was knocked up.

Still freaking out on Wednesday I had the blood test drawn again. It was 330 this time. HOORAY!!!!! It is still going up. I still don't believe it. I go for my US on 2/15/06. Maybe once I hear the heartbeat I'll believe it. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone trying. It can happen.

megatlsu
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had 3 IUI's, all with injectibles. This was the first one with Follistim. We had 3 follies, a 22, 17, and 16. DH's stuff looked great. The IUI was 1/18 and I started prometrium suppositories the next night. However, when the 2ww was over I took a HPT and it was BFN. So we stopped the prometrium so AF would come and we could do this again. However, AF had still not come a week later and I was having symptoms. This time the HPT was BFP! I was looking at it thinking it was someone else's. The second one was BFP too! So off I went to the RE's and low and behold the beta was 89! Holy cow! The progesterone was a little low (11, they wanted 12) so we doubled the prometrium. Today is the second beta ( ) so we will see what the baby is doing. BTW, I have had spotting off and on since Monday night, not sure what is going on but I have been banished to the couch until further notice.

Girls, it will work. You will be a mommy one day. Don't ever believe anything else. Good luck!!!
    Me (29) PCOS DH (33) Furbaby Jasmine-- 5
    Emily Ann 3/20/07

just4yaz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am a single mom who at age 35 got tired of waiting on Mr. Right to come along, so after a broken relationship, I decided that I wanted to have a baby on my own. I knew I had PCOS, and endometrosis. I lost about 18 lbs and got my body in better shape to get pg. I kept a positive attitude.
    I had a tubal pregnancy in my early 20's because of the endo. I went to a very good RE and after my fourth surgery for endo and cysts, I started treatments for an IUI (donor sperm). I did over stimulate (18 eggs)...I was given the choice to postpone or go ahead with my IUI... it wasn't a hard decision, if I was going to go thru the pain and swelling anyway, why not? I made the right decision, and now I have a beautiful two year daughter. I did have my pg blood test done at 9 days because of severe swelling (12 lbs in a week) and I couldn't believe it was positive, I can still remember how I felt! :-)
    I did spot a little a few weeks into the pregnancy, but it all turned out great. I was very blessed that it worked the first time, my ins. doesn't cover infertility...I won't get started on that subject.... but it was well worth the money I had to pay to get pg. I want to do it again soon before it gets harder to concieve (age), so I hope it works again. Just keep your heads up and think positive! It will happen. Make sure your doctor does all the surgeries to check out your reproductive organs, I made sure that my doctor wasn't going to put me through treatmeants and then figure out that I needed laproscopic surgery to see what was going on. If you don't feel comfortable, then go somewhere else, after all, it is your time, money, body and most important, your feelings that are important!
    Last edited by just4yaz; 02-16-2006 at 12:10 PM.

katielaz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

finally BFP after many IUI's

HI!!
    I have a dd who is 3 and she was not planned at all. So when we started ttc we thought no prob. Well we had probs. I have pcos! We tried everthing listed below and finally, this time it worked. I took 5mg of femara, took 75(whatever you call its) of follistim every other day until I had taken 300. Then did the trigger and 36 hours later had an IUI. I had 15 follies this time, 8 of which looked good at time of trigger. I did the IUI on Jan. 30 but I am pretty sure I ov the next day. I had all the signs that day! I tested and tested, many times to early. I even tested on The day the nurse told me to 14dpiui, which I guess was the day af was due. It was neg. On valentines day I just wasn't feeling great. We were having a happy hour at work and I had taken like one sip of my drink and felt sick. I knew I had a test in my purse so I actually slipped away from the gathering and took it. This was at about 5pm. It was +++++. I about died. I had a beta the next day and it was only 83, which the nurse said was on the low side of normal. I was soo sad she totally freked me out. So I had one done48 hours later and it went to 355. It quadrulped in 48hrs, with a doubling time of about 22 hours. I am soo happy, but still cautious. U/S set for March 3. I will feel much better if I se a HB. Thanks for listening

Katie
    DH Charley (35) Katie (34)
    DD Kaitlin Paige 10-21-02
    Ectopic 2/06
    DS IVF #1= Charles A. 04-16-07
    DS Bennett Finn 01-07-09 natural gift!
    4/11 ectopic in abdomen
    2/12 m/c
    www.katherinestaufferphotography.com

DiUwe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

IUI's can work!

Hi Everyone,
    I thought I'd share my little story ----

We had been TTC for almost a year before we saught consultation - due to our advanced ages (me-36, dh-38) we didn't want to wait too long.

No male factor. Tubal Dye Study (YUCK OUCH), no problems. LAP showed nothing. During this time we did the following:

Month 1 - 100mg Clomid, timed bms
    Month 2 - 100mg Clomid, Trigger shot, IUIs
    Month 3 - ditto
    Month 4 - ditto
    Month 5 - ditto
    Month 6 - Follistim injectibles, US on CD9 and again on CD10. 3 Follies were about 14-16. Triggered the night of CD10 and had IUI's on CD11 & CD12. Took progesterone for 2 weeks. Had to test at 14 days to see whether or not to stop the prog. to allow AF to arrive. GOT A BFP!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY early right now... just 5 weeks. My first ultrasound is March 6. I am not usually a negative person, but I was beginning to feel as if pregnancy was just not in my life plan. Now I feel so blessed.

Katielaz - my IUIs were on Jan 24 & 25. I just started feeling symptoms last week. Nausia & fatigue have set in...

SunshineSmiles
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

IUI success story!

Hello everyone!

I thought I would post here because I know before my IUI I studied this page! I am 23 dh is 23, dx-anovulation and low sperm motility. Dh and I have been trying to conceive for so long that I cant really remember. I was on clomid 50mg, prog supp, ovidrel (36hrs) and on IUI #1 i was told to come in the following day to do another IUI (so we had 2 back to back) and I am very lucky that this worked the first time around because me and hubby didnt have anymore money in our savings for this. My insurance covered NOTHING. I am 6weeks2days pregnant and I want everyone to know it can happen!

btw.

Clomid gave me 2 mature follies at time of insimination

20mm
    19mm
    wife of dh jose
    EDD 10/21/06 it's a boy!

~Maria

misapup
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Today I received a BFP (waiting for Beta results). This is my 4th IUI. I'm in shock right now. Never give up hope.

AmyBeth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really never expected to be posting here this month. I'm thrilled to say that IUI #2 worked! I have a blocked right tube and dh has sperm antibody issues so I figured we were in for the long IF haul. I've been on 50mg Clomid and doing IUIs on the months when it looked like I would ovulate from the left ovary. This time around I only had one follie and I ovulated at least 10 hours earlier than expected, despite Ovidrel shot. Nevertheless, it worked!

I went for my beta on monday at 15dpiui and it was 170. I go again on Friday for the second beta and hope to see it somewhere around 700.

Wishing much baby dust to all

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast