FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StacyKP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Cramps 6dpIUI

I'm 6dpIUI ....had IUI #2 on May 15th (Clomid 50mg, HCG trigger 24 hours before). Lining=10.5, 4 follices...all over 20mm. So overall...very good stimulation as my RE says! My question is....I've been having cramps on and off that almost feel like period cramps. I have read this is common but is it common for those that have had successful IUIs?? These meds can really mess with your mind but the cramps are scaring me! Any info/experiences would be great! Thanks!

2. Advertisement

CMorrison
    is tired!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Stacy! I've been having some mild cramping on and off too, my IUI was May 18th. I did some research last night and it seems it may be a good sign or could be nothing. After fertilization your ovaries produce the progesterone necessary for the preg and especially if you had more than one egg fertilize then those ovaries would be working very hard to produce the necessary hormone, that could explain it. Also I read that the increased blood flow to the uterus could cause a little stretching which could also explain some cramping. On the other hand it could just be regular old gas or GI stuff that normally goes on that you wouldn't normally notice but since you are so in tune with every little detail you are noticing it now. Do you have any other symptoms? I hope this is a sign of good things to come!
    Chantal (38): Hypothyroid & Low AMH DH (42): Poor Morphology

TTC #1

Maggie June 2007 (DIUI #2)

TTC #2

Meredith April 2010 (DIUI #8)

TTC #3
    IUI #1 May 2011 beta #1 11dpiui 47 - beta #2 13dpiui 127

StacyKP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chantal! Yeah the cramps seems to come and go. I typcially have horrendous cramps but these are mild in comparison. But still...it scared me a little. I also have extremely sore nipples, tired more than usual, extremely irritable, crazy dreams.

But I had the same sypmtoms the first round so I'm guessing it could be from the meds??

I'm REALLY hoping for a BFP...if so I'll deliver before I turn 35! That's been my goal so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

How about you? We're pretty close in our cycle. Having any symptoms??
    Last edited by StacyKP; 05-21-2008 at 09:26 AM.

demold
    demold
    has no status.
    Edit

me too....me too...

I am also 6 dpIUI. Cramps....yup. Nipples soooo sore, that I recall from before, so not too surprising.
    Personality wise- I have gone onto the hormonal crazy stage. I just CAN'T seem to let anything roll off my shoulders. Yesterday, I had to actually stop speaking in fear that I would have some really nasty things come out of my mouth and would forever regret my actions. Luckily, today is a better day.

Demold
    DS, 3 - from IUI!

CMorrison
    is tired!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I also have tender very sensitive nipples. I read that often that can be the very first sign of pregnancy since breast tissue is very sensitive to the increasing hormones. It said some women know within days of fertization they are preg because of the nipple thing. I had that with my first BFP but they were way more sensitive than they are now, I couldn't even face the shower I had to turn my back and its not like that right now. I think things are looking really positive for both of you with all those symptoms. When are you girls thinking of starting to POAS? I had definitely 2 possibly 3 eggs and with these early symptoms I'm thinking of maybe trying around day 8, if there is more than one in there the bfp will come early. Of course I am also worried that I am making this all up in my head because I want this to happen so much. Hoping this is a good sign for all of us!

TTC #1

TTC #2

TTC #3

PVK
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CMorrisson - I just noticed u are also having some cramps. I did my IUI on May 19th.. Can you point to the place on web where u read cramps may be a good sign? This my 2nd attempt at IUI and praying to God that it works out well this time. I have also been taking Prometrium since the 2nd day after IUI since my Progesterone level is low.

Also I have one question - Is there a way to monitor that healthy eggs are released before or after IUI. My RE does IUI and measures the follicle size. If this looks good she gives me a HCG shot and IUI the next day. My question is how does this ensure that follicles have released the egg?

Thanks in advance for all your support. Tons of luck and baby dust to all of you.

triciaism
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies,
    I had my IUI yesturday. Number 6 (#2 BFP/ohss/mc). I read that implantation happens around day 5-10 so you sound like your in the window. The soreness (boobs) could be from the trigger shot (if you all had one). The trigger mimics preg. symptoms and makes it that much harder to gauge anything. I had sore boobs too but much worse with pregnancy. Are you on progesterone supp.? If so - that can also give alot of symptoms.
    To my knowledge they cannot monitor if the follies actually release a healthy mature egg. They can w/IVF but not with IUI. The E2 levels do give an indication though. 200-300 per mature follie is what I was told but you have to factor in any that are less mature but still putting out estrogen. You ladies are definately ahead of me - when are your betas? Did any of you do progesterone level b/w? My RE has me do it 4dpiui. I know if the number is high I have a better chance of a "mature" egg being released (they say 10 at my RE's but I know that over 15 is better for medicated cycles).
    Praying for a bunch of +++++++++++++s!!!
    Tricia

CMorrison
    is tired!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PVK- If you just google cramping in early pregnancy you will find all kinds of info. As for the egg thing I'm not sure that there is anyway they can know for sure. My RE does the same thing as yours because it is understood that after you either surge on your own or take your trigger you will ovulate 24-48 hours later most commonly around 36 hrs. They assume this has happened and do the IUI about 24 hrs later so the sperm are there when the egg is released and in the best shape possible. I know people have talked about testing to be sure they ovulated but I don't think there is anyway to know the quality of the eggs unless you do IVF.

Tricia- I did a natural cycle without any meds which has the benefit of knowing that symptoms are due to my own system. However I think sometimes it is possible to convince yourself of something because you want it so much. The mind is a powerful thing and it definitely can play tricks on you! I won't be doing a progesterone check but I hope that yours goes well. I also hope your 2ww goes by quickly although I have to say I don't think they ever do.

TTC #1

TTC #2

TTC #3

PVK
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many many thanks CMorrisson. Really nice to hear from you.

I will pray for you that it turns out positive this time.

Thanks to all other ladies as well. Good luck

StacyKP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well AF decided to come a bit early for me on the 26th. Lovely. So much for all those "good results." I'm a tad bit frustrated with my RE. I was told medication or any changes are not made until after the 3rd failed attempt. I'm really bummed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast