FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ruby711
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

When do you ovulate when using Follistim?

This is my first cycle using injectables (Follistim 150iu). I've noticed on some of the other threads that people have ovulated around day 10-12. Clomid made me ovulate later than usual. I know everyone is different just want to get a general idea. Without meds I o on cd 14....
    Last edited by Ruby711; 03-14-2008 at 03:54 PM.

2. Advertisement

PharmGirl
    has no status.
    Kansas (Greater Kansas City) Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ovulated a little later when I was taking clomid on days 5-9, when I did a combo of clomid/femara and Gonal-f my follicles were ready for IUI on CD 12 or 13 and I triggered 36 hours before the IUI.
    Angel
    TTC#1 4 years (IUI #3 a success)
    Reese Maribel born 2/12/2007
    TTC #2
    IUI #1 Feb 2008 BFP - wow!
    3/3/08 14 dpiui beta - 297
    3/5/08 16 dpiui beta - 599
    3/7/08 18 dpiui beta - 1196
    1st ultrasound - 1 liitle jelly bean!!
    EDD 11/12/08 Yahoo!!

Danasingle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ruby,

It is hard to predict. Fortunately monitoring often will get you there.

My cycles in the past year have been all over with injectibles. Sometimes CD14, once CD21. Not as predictable as Clomid or your regular cycles.

Your first injectible cycle is an educated guessing game on the RE's part. My first inject. cycle (4 yrs ago) I only stimmed six days, then had my DIUI the next day. (worked though, so I was pretty pleased).

Good luck!

Dana

Second Chances
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did, or still am in my first Clomid/Follistim cycle. I did 150 mg. clomid for cd 4-9 and 75iu Follistim days 9-13. My Dr. didn't do an ultrasound until cd 13 and I was worried SICK that I would O early. But on cd 13 I had one 21mm follie on one side and an 18 plus on the other.

Personally, I think I was lucky. Just to be safe, I started doing OPK's at home on cd 9.

Good luck.

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just completed my first Follistim cycle.
    I started out at 75ui, then upped to 125ui. I started to surge on my own on cd12 w/ 20+ follicles w/ DIUI to follow the next morning.

With Clomid I never surged on my own as I got Ovidrel around approx cd17.
    Without any meds at all, I have long cycles and ovulate on my own around cd25 or later.

Cali
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    My natural surge without drugs is around CD 14-15, when I was using Gonal-f, I was ready to take the trigger shot around CD 11-12. With my inject cycles, I was suppose to OPK once in the a.m. and once in p.m. beginning on CD 8 or 9 I think, to catch a natural surge if it were to happen. I never did surge on my own; they always told me to trigger before that happened.

Ruby711
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    thx....I go in Monday, and will ask them if i need to do opk...today I got a little worried, I started feeling some pains on my right side, almost like o pains, but a little worse...but figured I wouldnt feel anything after 1 shot, must be mental....

Fetch - if you don't mind me asking, what's your dx?
    Last edited by Ruby711; 03-15-2008 at 09:57 PM.

ladyshanae
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't ovulate at all. I also don't ovulate with clomid. So after doing clomid and 75ui of Follistim, I did my trigger shot on day day 12 and the IUI was early on day 14.

I am probably not the idea candidate to look at in this situation since I don't ovulate on my own lol

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby711
    Fetch - if you don't mind me asking, what's your dx?
    My dh has severe male factor (Azoopermia), so we use donor sperm.
    As for me, unexplained at this point. We didn't think anything was wrong w/ me in the past, but it hasn't worked for me in the past 5 cycles, so no idea unfortunately.
    I had an HSG in January which went okay, other than them nicking my cervix and causing me to cancel a cycle until it healed. Very frustrating. At least if I knew what was wrong, it might be easier to deal w/. This is all just a guessing game.

Ruby711
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    sorry to ask so many questions, but im so scared of ohss....I just had cd6 us and had one 10, one 11, and some that were borderline....I don't have bw results yet...does this sound okay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast