FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

mindylou
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Pregnancy less likely with IUI/Donor Sperm?

Is a person less likely to get pregnant through IUI using donor sperm? What about age? Does anyone have statistics on that?

2. Advertisement

Steph22679
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard the success rate is lower with IUI/Donor. I will be curious to see what responses you get here. If they can save my one tube (not likely, but always the chance) during my surgery coming up, then i will try IUI with donor. Thanks for asking these questions!
    Steph (29)
    Dx: Stage IV Endometriosis, Bilateral salpingectomy, Significantly Low Ovarian Reserve

Sx: Had excision performed on March 3, 2008 in Atlanta, GA... In the healing process!

kristinen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The issues with frozen sperm is that it doesn't have the same life span as fresh...so timing becomes even more critical....plus you lose some numbers in the thaw.

I think with any infertility treatment (including IUI) time/age is not on your side. After 35, the success rate drops...however, if you are doing a medicated cycle with multiple follicles, your odds somewhat increase (also your risk of multiples)

GOOD LUCK!

Misty
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I did 14 IUI cycles using donor sperm. None of them worked. At all. Then did IVF #1 (also used DS) and it was chemical pg and then IVF #2 (also DS) was finally a success!

So I personally don't have much faith in IUIs.

GinaB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mindy, (pg ment)

I've done a total of three iui's using frozen donor sperm. My dh and I have been very fortunate. We got pg on our first attempt, which was unmedicated. We started ttc again last summer for #2. Again, we did unmedicated cycles, and I got a bfn on the first one, and got a bfp the next month. The last iui we did, we had the best count out of all three iui's we did. It was something like 112 million with 47% motility.

zakia
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    (Pregnancy mentioned)

I did 2 medicated cycles with donor sperm which were bfn ( I think that the timimg was off on 1 cycle- the iui was 50 hrs after the trigger and the other cycle no trigger at all). My 3rd cycle with new Dr was a BFP. This cycle was medicated femara and fsh, trigger shot followed by single iui 36 hrs after trigger. The sperm count was 96 million with over 50% motility.