FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

RWU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

After and IUI, how soon can you have pregnancy symptoms?

I just had an IUI and after going on a few other websites, some people feel they are pregnant right after the implantation. I always thought this was way too early so just curious if anyone has ever felt pregnant so soon?

2. Advertisement

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten pg twice and looking back, I can't say I "felt pg", I just had certain symptoms.

My first pregnancy I had no clue and I don't think many symptoms.
    The second pregnancy ended up in a chemical, but I knew I was pg even days after the IUI because of some symptoms I had -- I'll spare you the graphic details.

I think most woman who get pg never know it.
    I know month after month I keep thinking that the twinges and cramps I'm feeling are 'something', but they never are.
    Now, for me, if I have a month where I feel nothing at all... then maybe I will be pg. crazy.

I can't wait until the day I can stop obsessing over every little feeling.

RWU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also had a chemical pregnancy it was my first cycle I had and I don't remember any signal that I was having a chemical pregnancy? What symptoms did you have?

ennie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

different every time

I've been pregnant 4 times with 3 MCs. The first pregnancy I had morning sickness and faintness around 8 weeks as my first symptom. Second: increased urination and very sore breasts began at 2.5-3 weeks after ovulation and after a BFP. Third: Sore breasts began at 2 weeks after ovulation and 4 days after a BFP. Fourth: nothing until about 3 weeks past ovulation when I got some mild nausea, a bit more urination, and sore breasts.
    Seems like they are all different and I can't seem to find a pattern that was related to my HCG numbers either.

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWU
    I also had a chemical pregnancy it was my first cycle I had and I don't remember any signal that I was having a chemical pregnancy? What symptoms did you have?
    I've been charting and taking notes on all my cycles.
    I hope the following isn't too much info. I thought I'd paste it if you're curious. This is what I wrote for the month I had the chemical:

-1&2dpiui Extremely tired.
    -Acne breakout soon after IUI.
    -4dpiui Cramping
    -5dpiui Cramping and nausea
    -6dpiui sharp pinching pains in belly all day. I specifically told my dh that something was wrong. I said, "I know I'm pg, but something is wrong".
    Felt a bit dizzy a few times as well.

-14dpiui brown spotting, positive HPT. Beta level 9.
    -15dpiui turned to red bleeding
    -16dpiui clots, cramping, major diarrhea and heavy bleeding which ended abruptly after three days of it.
    -18dpiui beta b/w is 23.
    -25dpiui beta finally dropped to 0.

RWU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fetch,
    Thank you for posting that. With mine I remember having cramps and my doc took my blood test and said it was low but there may be a posibility that it was still trying to implant. Took another blood test a few days later and no go. My period came a week later and I just had my normal period.

I am hoping this one will lead in a pregnancy.

pw2007
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    fetch -

Thank you for posting that. I am in the super analysis/emotional mode since I'm testing this weekend and it's good to hear what someone else went through during a cycle that you really felt like something was going on and then something did in fact happen. I'm sorry for your loss. Again, thank you for sharing that. I actually had those sharp pains twice during this TWW and thought "if this is pregnancy something can't be right." We'll see.