FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Longawaitbaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Question Hyperstimulation after trigger shot?

What to do? I had my first IUI on 9/8/07. i had good sizes i had a 21 and 14 on right and two 14 and some 10 on the left. i had my trigger shot on friday with the IUI on saturday. i felt pressure and heaviness in my lower abd. this has been normal for me in the past but it only lasted a couple of days. However even 7 days later i can still feel my ovaries. i was having a lot of pain with any movement of my body. Especially trying to use the bathroom or have sex . i went for a u/s yesterday and my ovaries were literally the size of grapefruit..no wonder the pain. Has anyone ever had this before? my doctor says that it could be one of two things. One that i am pregnant or two i have hyperstimulation. i feel like it's number two only because my husbands counts were really low. i just really want to know if anyone has ever had this before especially after the trigger shot? and if so what did they do?

Thanks,
    Longawaitbaby

2. Advertisement

The Breeze
    ...Miss his lil belly kicks <\3
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    i had that this month i had 6 follies between 17 and 27! i was very sore!!! esp. when peeing and sex like u said. i just waited it out! i was told that was all i could do!

nathansmommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had that last month, and it lasted for about a week after my hcg trigger. I woke up on the next morning, day 8 after trigger, and I felt so much better and normal. It was even painful for me to walk or lift my leg up ever so slightly. My RE's nurse said to rest and keep your feet elevated as much as possible...which I did. This month I didn't experience any of the hyperstim symptoms at all. Good luck.