FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

JenNelll
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

10th IUI in May

Hi all, its been a really long time since I was last on this particular board, I think it is actually about 2 years since my last IUI. Since then I took a year off ttc (not by choice) and had 2 IVF cycles last year. Both IVF cycles failed because of an allergic reaction 10 days after egg retrieval (turns out I am allergic to morphine!)
    Now because of the morphine allergy they are not willing to try IVF again as it seems all the drugs they use here for conscious sedation contain morphine and having general anaesthetic for IVF would be far too expensive.
    So, I am trying IUI for the 10th time with my next cycle. If that does not work I will go to South Africa for GIFT. Here's hoping the tenth one is the charmer!!!!

2. Advertisement

Danielle O
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Jennell, I hope this is the one for you! Please let us know how it goes.

Danielle

andika
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen-morphine? that is a complete no brainer! It must be super rare. do they use morphine in SA? so how did the IUI go?

JenNelll
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    They use Fentanyl, which is a morphine derivative, but I am looking into the situation in my nighbouring country, South Africa, it may still be possible to do IVF there.
    As far as the IUI goes, it has been one glitch after the next. First it was cancelled because I was still inflamed, then my gynae was on holiday and did not leave the keys for the drugs cabinet, so I could not get to my meds, which you cannot buy at the pharmacy here, they are on special order, so it got cancelled again. Now, I am doing teaching practice for my degree, so it's not really convenient. I am hoping to do the IUI at the end of June, though probably the meds will begin around the 25th.