FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marci
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you need some help with paying for procedures (IVF inclu)....READ..

I found this site somewhere and I thought "what the heck, I'll give it a shot". I spoke with a rep last nite on the phone - they have a specific infertility plan. They work with most clincs in the US.

Generally, most procedures (IVF included) are paid at 40%-50%, Meds are covered at 50%, and labs, US, etc are 30%. It costs $199 the first month to enroll and $59 each month afterward - with no contract, you can cancel them at anytime.

They also have staff that their only job is to help find grants (no matter what state you're in) to assist in your care - they have a 94% rate of finding people at least partial grants - not promising the whole thing, but they get you what they can. I didn't even know they had grants for this!!! I guess they hold the secret!

Now, if you have no insurance, this sounds like a great way to go. I'd like to add them to my current insurance (which covers UP TO 80% - but they can cover 0, it's whatever they feel like after tx, of course), but unfortunately, they can't be a secondary insurance. If my insurance ends up being a bust after our first cycle, I'm definately signing up!

I'm a leary person "If it sounds too good to be true, it is", but they aren't telling you they will pay all of your bills - but hey, 30%-50% off is pretty darn good when we're talking $15,000!! Also, they have no cap! They will pay for as many procedures as you need! They also have maternity coverage in case you don't. Loretta is emailing me info in writing. When I get it, I will post.....

Info:

Affordable Care Options
    (512) 498-4905
    I spoke with Loretta, very sweet. Ask about the "Fertility Options" plan

Hope this may help someone!

Blessins!

2. Advertisement

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, So this company pays the bill or they find grants?? Where is this company out of?? Will they work with any clinic?? Sorry about all the questions but like you I almost have to think" If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" I would love to see the email you get.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Marci
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!

They do both. It's an insurance plan firstly. I was told they work with any clinic - I'm sure that they negotiate with the clinics insrance biller to get the lowest bill 1st, then pay accordingly. The quotes I gave you: 40% for all actual procedures (IVF, IUI's, FET, etc) with an unlimited amount. 30% for all testing (labs, US's, etc) and 50% for meds, inclduding injectibles. Their secondary job is to look for grants for you - ranging from $20-? - I was quoted a "94% success rate in finding IF tx grants". I don't know where they are out of, I saw the site on a show like 20/20 or Dateline and called. They responded within a week.

I'm extremely leary of anything that sounds too good - fortunately, you don't pay and then get a promise. You receive all the info you need +anything you may not think you need before you're asked for any money. I think $199 down and $56 a month (and to cancel at any time) seems like good deal. But, if you already have insurance that pays for IF (even if it's not terrific) you can't use them.

I left the number above - call and wait for the lonnnggggg recording to get to Loretta. You can even give her my name (Marci Farris) - she's very helpful and sweet -and understanding of the tremendous burden IF costs are.

I really had no clue there were grants out there! I guess it's a big secret?? Now, they aren't promising to get you enuf grants to cover all of your costs, just as much as they can get you in your situation. But at 94% rate, they really do work at getting them. And these are GRANTS not LOANS.

I haven't gotten the email yet, but when I do I will post it or forward it to you and anyone who would like it. I asked many questions and none seemed "out there" - they're not promising that you won't have to pay anything - but even with these %'s off, it's a pretty good deal, especially for IVF - and the greatest part - there's no limit. They pay for aas much tx as you need.

Good luck and as soon as I get the email, I will pm you or post.......

Blessings!

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I called them, I'm not sure it is something I would want to do. They are sending my an email also so , I will look over the info, talk to DH and go from there. I didn't talk to Loretta though. I was told that they are not an Insurance and DO NOT pay anything for treatment or meds. They call the Drs and Pharmacy's and negotiate lower prices, discounts, and payment plans for you. And they do the homework on your dx and find the best Dr for you with the best stats. I asked if they ever worked with my clinic and he said why would you want to go there, you have never been PG yet Yea he's right but my FSH is high enough that some Drs will not even treat me so one negative shouldn't count a Dr out. And he also said that I need to be flexable with my travel (and that wouldn't be a problem) so that I could travel to the clinic that would offer me the lowest prices. I don't know, I guess I need to wait until I get my email. But I am a little ???? about this one
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Marci
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I must be an idiot and not paying attention. I specifically asked if they PAID for these services and was told yes. How can they guarantee these specific %'s on services if they are just negotiating with clinics? Hmmm. I will wait for my email and if it's not what Loretta talked to me about, I might just complain. I hate being lied to.....especially about something so important as building a family.

I'm sorry to anyone that I got their hopes up. This was not my intention. This is what I was told EXACTLY and I'm curious to find out what up now!

Blessings!

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking about this all night and part of me thinks it wouldnt be all that bad if they can really get the Drs to lower the price for you. I got my email, and there is a web-site so I will look further into it. Dont be sorry, you were only trying to help and hey it may end up being a good thing

Here is the link if anybody wants to check it out.
    www.MaternitySavings.com
    Me 37 DH 37

Anomaly
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    THEY ARE A THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR guys and Yes those types of operations can save you loads IF, there is Usual and Customary pricing; however, in the IVF field there is no need to soften the market so people use you; therefore, hard to get usual and customary pricing. I brokered my own program by interviewing more than one Dr. at a time and ultimately got my cost CUT IN HALF w/out having to pay anyone else!!!!!!! What they are doing is not rocket science but rather foot work and negotiating of prices. It's like haggling for a car..... AND, they don't charge you anything up front BUT, tpa's generally charge a % of the savings they get for you........ Yes, I work in insurance.
    Amy
    Me (38) and dh (33)
    dx - no tubes due to two ectopics
    IVF#1 - BFN (ugh)
    IVF#2 - it's been a long road.........

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Anomaly, When you did this negotiating who did you talk with? How did you go about iT?
    Me 37 DH 37

Anomaly
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a BFN cycle which gave me a burr under my saddle so, I went to ARC about their Shared Risk Program - they quoted me $50,000 which really got me steamed so, I found a local Dr. that offered Shared Risk and I called them and went in for an exam and asked my first Dr. to send my medical records to Dr. 2 as I was looking at his Shared Risk Program which got Dr. 1 concerned that I'd move so they countered Dr 2's Shared Risk Program, reduced Dr 2's cost by $1,000 and then I told Arc who got mad that the Dr. offered me a Shared Risk Program and lowered their cost by over $20,000........ I played all of them against eachother.......... "Well, if you won't give it to me the next one will" attitude and I meant it. Everone is out to make money honey and they don't want to lose to anyone else since they are already over-pricing their services - they have room to move if they want. I just paid $24,000 for 3 Fresh and 3 FET (If I have any FET's) and it covers everything except medicine. Beats the daylights out of $50k not including meds and is about $8,000 a fresh cycle, free FET's and including the ER/ET/Anesthesia, everything PLUS, if I don't carry past the first trimester with any of my 6(or 3) tries, I get 80% of my money back.
    Amy
    Me (38) and dh (33)
    dx - no tubes due to two ectopics
    IVF#1 - BFN (ugh)
    IVF#2 - it's been a long road.........

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Im not sure if I would be brave enough to try this but Ill see if I can. If not do you think this 3rd party would be worth getting?
    Me 37 DH 37

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast