FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Mini-IVF

I'm going to try Mini-IVF in January.
    My protocol: Days 3-7 100 mg of Clomid. Then most likely Menapur (depending on follicle growth and E2).
    Has anybody tried Mini IVF? I need to hear success stories!

2. Advertisement

amimi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of Mini IVF before, care to explain? Sounds interesting and what's the difference? I am going for my first IVF in February.. So can't really share my story. I hope someone out there can share their stories..

Good luck to you!
    Me32 DH48
    TTC for 4 years (ex) + 4 years (current)
    Blocked left tube in 2000
    IUI #1 Sep 7, 09 - EP (left) @ 7w5d
    Hydrosalphinx right tube
    Right tube removed Dec, 29, 2009
    IVF in February 2010 - Cancelled
    IVF in April 2010 - BFN

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mini IVF is minimum stimulation IVF
    It is a choice for women who respond well to stimulation.
    It is more safe – there is no risk of OHSS

Fjcwins@aol.com
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did Mini IVF in October. I'm so glad we did. I am 24 and got 6 fertilized good quality eggs with icsi's help. We are doing the embryo transfer in February. Although the process is stressful, it is much cheaper! I went to Dr. Sherman Silber in St. Louis.

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG WOW that's awesome!!!! I'm hoping i'll get 6 too. Why did you not do the transfer on the same cycle? Did you use regular Clomid? What was the protocol?
    Unfortunately I'm in New York area...

Fjcwins@aol.com
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually got 9! More than expected, but only 6 fertilized good enough to use at all. My drs protocol waits at least a month before a transfer of the embroys because the clomid thins the lining of the uterus, decreasing the chance of a good implantation. I was going to do it in Dec, but they didn't have any openings until Feb The days are passing so slow knowing that all I am waiting for is an OR room!
    What clinic are you going to use in New York? I researched several clinics there while trying to find ones that did Mini IVF. I couldn't find anyone in oklahoma who did that. So, to St. Louis I drove! We spent about 11 grand for the procedure including the first transfer. I used Clomid, follistim, ganirelix and indocin. My follicles grew really fast during my stimulation and I had to take meds to keep from ovulating most of the week! We froze the embroys Are you doing a fresh transfer on day three?

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow 9 is a lot! I'm 28 so don't think i'll get that many. There are a lot of different clinics in NYC. I found the one that's relatively close to my house and did my IUIs there. Then i asked about Mini-IVF, my doc said that they don't do it but he will do it for me becuase i seem like the perfect candidate - my response to Clomid is excellent, i'm relatively young, my FSH is low and it's clear i only have a tubal problem. I think any clinic can do mini IVF - it is the same thing as IVF only less meds. If they don't do it that is beucase they think you have less chances of being pregnant and they don't want to put another failure of IVF on their records.

Fjcwins@aol.com
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we did our first attempt of a two FET with the mini-ivf with a BFN. It's been SOO devastating..more than I thought it would be. We will try again this spring with what money we have left. After that, I don't know. Everything went to perfect, we are so confused on why it didn't work.

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, well mine didn't go well either. I only produced 3 mature follicles! I thought its weird since i produce the same amount on 25mg of Clomid. So we did IUI which resulted in BFN.
    Next cycle I'm going to get injections, I'm going to ask for the minimum dosage.

pray2rita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a member forum on mini ivf if anyone wants to join: http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forum...micro-ivf.html

I have done one so far: 50 mg. of clomid, produced 2 follies, transferred one embie: BFN

The thing is though that I am doing it because I am 39 and have diminished reserve so I make 2 follies regardless of how much meds I have.
    Dx 5/08 DOR
    IUI # 1-5= BFN
    IVF#1 (e2 patch, gonal-F, menopur, ganirelix) BFN 2 embie angels
    IVF attempt #2 cancelled
    IVF attempt #3 converted to IUI
    IVF attempt #4 1 egg, broken during ER; no ET
    Mini IVF#1: 2 eggs; BFN; 1 embie angel
    Mini IVF #2: 2 eggs; 1 embie on ice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast