FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

trying_in_tampa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

How does HCG make you feel?

How do HCG shots make you feel? I am nauseaus, have no appetite, and feel depressed...doc says it's the increase in progesterone. I am popping Pepcid ACs 4x/day and forcing myself to eat. And moping around. The only thing different this month is those shots so I'm assuming that's the cause. I wanted to lose a few pounds but now that I have, I don't think it'd be healthy for me to lose any more. And I'm almost never depressed so that's weirding me out. Do these symptoms go away? When?

2. Advertisement

horsechick
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep-those hormones will screw with you big time! The HCG mimics pg, so you get all tose fun side effects. If you are pregnant, I gues they won't go away, but if you are not, it definitely gets better as it leaves your system
    me-35(ish) dh-35
    TTC 4 1/2 yrs with mild endo
    3 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Follistim, all BFN
    1 surprise pg-m/c 5w6d
    praying for God to bless us with a miracle

WantMyBFP-in-07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I must add that I really didnt have any side effects or feel anything out of the ordinary. My dose was 10,000 units. Im hoping that when we do get our BFP...that means I wont have any MS! Wishful thinking huh!

Holly

lianyla
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    S-I-C-K as a DOG!! That's how! My very first cycle I took Novarel and literally was deathly ill for 2 weeks. Then I took Ovidrel and wasn't as sick. The third time it was 10,000 units of hcg and I was a-ok. I'm thinking my body got used to it. Who knows but OMG was I sick! Pregnant-sick just felt like puking all day long!

revlon005
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got my first HCG shot 500mg on Tuesday. I am so sick, i am not very nauseous but i feel very bloated and really full that's why i have no appetite, but i make myself eat. I also feel very constipated, not sure if it's HCG, IUI or injections though. Feel better.
    REMEMBER WHAT WOULD NOT WE DO TO HAVE A LITTLE ONE, RIGHT?

BABY DUST!!!!

Kendra05
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just very bloated and crampy feeling with the HCG shots. But all the hormones and stress can play a big part in this. Good luck to you!

Mame
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get all of the mentioned below and sore breast. I hate the stuff. It takes about a week for it to wear off.