FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    toni4veka
    2 faild ivf
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic

cervix getting shorter 25 weeks,help

Hello ladies,
    I need your help.
    I am 25 weeks pregnant with identical girls,and my cervix today is 1.4
    Everything started from 3.2-2.6-2.2-1.7-1.4 .Every week my cervix is shorter and shorter.
    I am on Progesteron suppositories
    I am having 9 high risk doctor,and they work as a team.Two times I was at labor because I had contraction(they called irritability).They check my cervix vaginally ,and it was close.They did test,I haven't any infection.They send me home both time after 6 hours,and I am on bed rest.
    In Friday I have another check.
    When we ask about steroid they told me that they have the best effect 48 hours before babies are born.
    I don't know what to do?I am crying and feeling so hopeless.
    I am with the best team in Chicago,and I feel that they don't do anything special,or I am wrong?
    With this cervix is it normal to be on bed rest at home not at the hospital?.I feel contraction every day,but they told me that this is my baseline,irratibile uterus.
    SAD AND SCARED
    HELP MEEE
    WARMLY,
    VESNA
    Do I have chance to make it at least trough 28 weeks of pregnancy?
    Last edited by toni4veka; 09-28-2011 at 08:27 PM.

2. Advertisement

bellastar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by toni4veka View Post
    Do I have chance to make it at least trough 28 weeks of pregnancy?
    You definitely can get to 28 weeks, but you definitely need to stay down. No sitting up, no getting the mail, etc. Can someone bring you food? While on bedrest my DH would make me PB&J sandwiches, make sure I have snacks, drinks, etc next to me. I used a bed side potty until 27 weeks this pregnancy and pretty much until delivery with my daughter (I was dilated at 16 weeks with her, made it to 36 weeks). Showers should be on a very limited basis (1-2x a week for a few minutes only). If you can have the bottom of your bed lifted by a few inches that will draw your girls off your cervix even more. Keep yourself hydrated to prevent PTL and don't hold your bladder either. Good luck! Your can do this
    Rachel (previously thebrg)
    Mommy to ^triplet angels^ and Kenzington Rae, the healer of my broken
    Pregnant with #5 and HIS friend the blood clot (SCH) ...it's a BOY!

toni4veka
    2 faild ivf
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thank you dear
    Your answer help me a lot.
    Warmly,
    Vesna

Blondie8
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So on the positive side , you don't have an infection (huge as this can bring on PTL) and your uterus is irritable so you're not regularly contracting.

Sounds like they don't want to put in a rescue cerclage as they don't want to risk the procedure putting you into labour.

Bed rest in hospital would do little more than what you're doing now and it's much better for you to be at home, in your own space, eating your own food. I did bed rest in home and in the hospital (due to complications) and honestly, at home was far more restful and better for us both. If you're in the sit and wait mode, home is best.

Best chances you have right now are complete bed rest to reduce pressure on your pelvis, like Bellastar explained and lots and lots of water, as dehydration can leads to contractions, which you want to avoid at all costs. Another thing which my Peri advocated, when I was in a similar point as your, was to make sure you're having regular BM's as a full colon that add pressure too. Given that you're on bed rest your bowels will be sluggish so prunes, a stool softener, whatever works for you is a good idea.

HOnestly the mental part is so big and scary and that might be your biggest battle. I did the ''every extra day I'm pregnant is a good thing'' routine and that helped, as well as as much distraction as possible; bad daytime tv, magazines, etc. I tried to read proper books but didn't have the concentration. Calling others and hearing about their life helped as your bedroom starts to get really small.

28 weeks is possible, for sure. Keep coming here and know that there's very little you can acutally do at this moment, except follow your Doc's orders and try to deal with the emotional stuff and not have an utter freak out as this wouldn't be helpful for anyone.

Do you Docs give you the warning signs of when to come in or seek immediate medical attention? I know I was given charts to log things to help sort out what was going on. If I got close to a situation I would always contact them to let them know what's going on.

Many hugs to you, please keep us updated.
    “Children don’t belong to us. They are litle strangers who arrive in our lives and give us the pleasure and duty of caring for them–but we don’t own them. We help them become who they are.” Gloria Steinem

toni4veka
    2 faild ivf
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Blondie,thank you very much...Your support means a lot to me.
    Yes,they gave me chart with all the sign of PTL.
    I am at home,my husband take care of everything.
    I am praying for my babies .
    Tomorrow I have US and vaginal check of cervix ,I will update tomorrow.
    Hugs from me my dear
    Vesna

littleoldme
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there! My cervix was measuring 1.7 at 25 weeks and I had a very irritable uterus and had contractions non stop ( some days every minute and a half). I did strict bedrest at home for the most part and I made it to almost 39 weeks. My advice would be to stay on bed rest and drink lots and lots of water.

BC-MiracleTwins
    Back on the IVF road for baby #4 !!! 2013!
    Board Coordinator
    Over 5,000 Post BC-MiracleTwins's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Big hugs! My cervix was 0.7 at 24wks and 1cm dilated. I made it to 34wks with my twins. I was on strict home bed rest. I was seeing the docs weekly. Also they did give me the steroid shot as a precaution at 24wks. It is possible. Stay down and let your DH do everything for you. Lay on your left side as much as possible as this is best blood flow from toes to head. Laying on your side also keeps the pressure off of your cervix. Hugs.
    *~* Proud Mommy of *~*
    Twin Angels~ Taryn & Anthonie-James (b/d March 2007)
    Living Miracle Twins~ Austin & Trinity (May 2008)
    Our Newest member~ Abigail (Sept 2010)

Baby #4 on HIS way!!

SC-Sherb
    living in CrazyTown!
    SC, BC of GP, 2WW & Preg after Loss-M/C
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Just wanted to send you some hugs and positive thoughts!
    Me 44/DH 44 Celebrating 22 yrs of marriage!!!

DS#1 - August 31, 1993 (21)
    DD - February 15, 1997 (17)
    DS#2 - August 25, 2008 (6)

2 - both at 10 weeks (1989 & Oct/07)

toni4veka
    2 faild ivf
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Ladies,
    I am 2 weeks on bed rest . I need power to believe that I will make it.
    Today I had vaginal check of my cervix,it is 1.4 cm close and tight.Last week was 1.7 so we have progression every week ,and I am scared.
    Today,I am 25 week and 1 day.
    I hope that our babies have a chance at least trough 28 weeks.
    Thank you for your support
    Vesna

BC-MiracleTwins
    Back on the IVF road for baby #4 !!! 2013!
    Board Coordinator
    Over 5,000 Post BC-MiracleTwins's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You can do this! 25wks is a huge milestone also. It marks the time, where if the babies are born now they have a chance at life. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that each day and every week is another chance at survival. Big hugs. ... Just stay put!

Oh- When do you go back? Also, if your cervix reaches a certain point, will they consider Hospital bed rest and the steroid shot?
    *~* Proud Mommy of *~*
    Twin Angels~ Taryn & Anthonie-James (b/d March 2007)
    Living Miracle Twins~ Austin & Trinity (May 2008)
    Our Newest member~ Abigail (Sept 2010)

Baby #4 on HIS way!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast