FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lilley30
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

20 Weeks Pregnant with Cerclage and Need Support

HI everyone, I am 20 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest since week 15 when I had my cerclage done. I did gain some length immediately after the procedure but gradually lost it, and now I am back to my pre-cerlcage state: 1 cm with funneling. I am also on strict bedrest: only getting up to use the restroom and doc visits.

This whole experience have been so emotionally draining. I have waited so long for this, only to constantly worry about losing my baby. As of late, I have been having pelvic pain, which i am assuming is SPD and mucus like discharge. I did make reference about the discharge to my doc, and his explanation is that the cervix is being worn down and that's why I am having the mucusy discharge. I am so petrified that I am losing my mucus plug, and will therefore, deliver are any time in the near future, which is fatal in my situation.

This has been a draining pregnancy and I need some support from people who have gone through or is going through something similar or anyone who was considered high risk due to their cerclage placement.

I am all cried out and feel defeated at this point

Lilley

2. Advertisement

Midnight78
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I just want to offer some support. I didn't get a cerclage, but I do have a short cervix and have been on bedrest since about 22 weeks, just starting to get up more this past week. I know this is tough but you are following doctor's orders. Have they recommended progesterone shots? I notice that you are in NYC. Who is your high risk OB? I went to Mt. Sinai for second opinion. This board isn't super busy but there are women who have been in exact position and end up taking home their babies.
    Me:33 DH:34 TTC#1 Aug'08
    Oct'08: D&C missed
    Feb'09: Hysteroscopic resection, septated uterus.
    May'09: D&C missed after excellent betas & heartbeats. Turners Syn. RPL Panel-clear.
    Aug'09-Dec 09: Clomid/GonalF IUIs, failed.
    Mar'10: Taking mental break, BFP
    Beautiful DD 11/24/10
    Jan'12: chemical
    May'12: IUI gonalf. BFP
    Due date: Feb 4, 2013

lilley30
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your support Cindi. Yes, I am taking a weekly progesterone shots and am seeing both an MFM (high risks?) and OBGYN.

It is so hard, but I am hanging in there.

Lilley

BC-MiracleTwins
    Back on the IVF road for baby #4 !!! 2013!
    Board Coordinator
    Over 5,000 Post BC-MiracleTwins's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh Lilley! I know how you feel. I went through 2 high risk pregnancies. I had a cerclage placed with my twin pregnancy at 14wks and did 6months of bed rest. At 24wk my cervix shorten to 0.7! Only the stitch holding. I made it to 34wk 1d. They are now 2.5yr old. My 2nd pregnancy, cerclage placed at 15wks and modified bed rest ( no cleaning, picking the kids up, walking/standing more than 20min) Cervix shortened to .5 and again only stitch holding! Abby ( now 6wks old) was born at 38wk.

You can do it! I know its hard, but as long as you listen to the docs and they monitor your cervix, you should be good to go. The progesterone shots helped me! :-) And as always, listen to your body and go with your gut instinct. If anything seems out of sorts, call the doc.
    *~* Proud Mommy of *~*
    Twin Angels~ Taryn & Anthonie-James (b/d March 2007)
    Living Miracle Twins~ Austin & Trinity (May 2008)
    Our Newest member~ Abigail (Sept 2010)

Baby #4 on HIS way!!

kgwife
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I was drawn to your post by the title and just wanted to give you support. My situation is a little different but it started at 20 weeks. I was pregnant with twins and didn't know I had cervical issues. I went in for a regularly scheduled appointment at 20 weeks and found that I was 3 cm dilated in active labor. SCARY!!! To make a long story short, although I was not a candidate for a cerclage, my awesome peri placed one anyway. They slowed my labor down drastically. After the cerclage, I had around one cm of cervix to work with. I was on hospital bedrest for the next 11 weeks with hardly any cervix. Every day they were telling me they would come, but we just kept plugging along. My twins were born at 31 weeks 5 days and are doing awesome today (28 months old). I just wanted to give you some hope. I remember how devastatingly hopeless I felt during bedrest, especially before I hit viability. It was such a hard mental battle. Sometimes I am not sure how I got through it. Cling to hope if you can and trust your body that it can do this!!! ((((HUGS))))

lilley30
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-MiracleTwins View Post
    Oh Lilley! I know how you feel. I went through 2 high risk pregnancies. I had a cerclage placed with my twin pregnancy at 14wks and did 6months of bed rest. At 24wk my cervix shorten to 0.7! Only the stitch holding. I made it to 34wk 1d. They are now 2.5yr old. My 2nd pregnancy, cerclage placed at 15wks and modified bed rest ( no cleaning, picking the kids up, walking/standing more than 20min) Cervix shortened to .5 and again only stitch holding! Abby ( now 6wks old) was born at 38wk.

You can do it! I know its hard, but as long as you listen to the docs and they monitor your cervix, you should be good to go. The progesterone shots helped me! :-) And as always, listen to your body and go with your gut instinct. If anything seems out of sorts, call the doc.
    Thank you so much for responding. YOu and some other girls on this forum have given me hope based on your stories, and I thank you so so much for your support!

Congrats on your bundle of joy!

lilley30
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kgwife, you and your babies are survivors in all sense of the word. I am expecting my cervix to get shorter and shorter; however, its the funneling that seems to worry me the most.

Thank you for your story, it continues to give me hope

BC-MiracleTwins
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Lilley- Many hugs. It's tough dealing with IC. With all the support here, you can make it! My thoughts will continue with you in hope they carry you to term and that you get to hold your baby girl!
    *~* Proud Mommy of *~*

Baby #4 on HIS way!!

Andersontwins
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lilley- we will do this together. I am 20 weeks +4 days, too! Keep in touch on either forum or Facebook?

At least the weather is getting colder so sitting (laying) inside isn't so bad. Also, I plan to get all my Christmas shopping done online. I get packages everyday...that's fun.

Do you have any pain Other than laying around all day?
    Tas
    Me (30); hubby (30)
    One term pregnancy 8/9/05
    TTC-6/2007
    Iui-4rounds
    BFP-7/2010
    Due Date-3/26/11
    B/G twins!
    Bedrest after emergency cerclage

BC-MiracleTwins
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Andersontwins- Would you like to be added to the IC due date board?? Just list your info, and i will add it
    *~* Proud Mommy of *~*

Baby #4 on HIS way!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast