FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

worriedinbed
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Ackward Question....cerclage and bowel movements

Since my cerclage was an emergency one and I didn't really know what to ask, I am left to my own devices to figure this one out. I am terrified to go to the restroom (bm) because I feel that I am going to make my cervix open, or strain the cerclage, or something. I just know when I had my first daughter they always said "Push like you are going to the bathroom". Now, I fear that is what might hurt my kiddo that I am trying (like all of us) to keep in. Anybody have any advice? Am I crazy for thinking about this???

2. Advertisement

sweet73
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are not crazy for feeling this way!! I know I did/do.
    My biggest problem during pregnanncy, which is very common, is constipation, so I take Colace every day to avoid having to strain, and if that does not work, I take mirilax, both on Dr's orders... this helps so much with not having to strain. Wait until you are ready to go, don't strain.
    How far along are you and when did you have your stitch put in?
    Wishing you all the best.
    Me (35) DH (31)
    DD - 06/20/07
    EDD 09/06/09
    It's a Boy

worriedinbed
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 17 weeks and it was put it in last Thursday so I am only on Day 4 of bedrest. Whew....I admire all that have done this before me. I will suggest these meds to my doc and she what she says. Thanks!

momto3angels
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't post here often since I'm no longer pg, but when I was on bedrest, I also took collace to prevent constipation. The inactivity from bedrest, the hormones of pg and the side effects of the medications I took all cause constipation and the collace made a HUGE difference.

This is a great question and it's one you should talk to your doc about. Good luck to you!
    April
    Mom to angels: Hannah, Ryan and Abby. 10/24-10/28/03.
    Earth Angels: Joey b 5/08/05 and Laura b 5/26/07
    ==
    A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment, Its glory and beauty belong to our world…But then it flies on again, And though we wish it could have stayed, We feel so lucky to have seen it.