FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

4g and 5g questions

x-post

My Ob office just called and the Dr. reviewed my b/w So last time I called Im guessing the nurse was looking at differant b/w or it hadn't been reviewed by the Dr. yet. He wants me on a baby aspirin every day and WHEN (thats what she said, I like that ) I get PG I will need more b/w and possibly heperin. Now these are her words, Im still a little confused and not sure what this means. "The factor 5 came back fine and that is good but the numbers for 4g and 5g are a little off. Baby aspirin will work fine in the begining but we need to make sure your numbers arent changing during PG. "

Anyone know anything about this?
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

2. Advertisement

poohbear
    tired
    Post Thanks / Like
    BC-TNA,
    Sounds like you have some answers. You are talking about a thrombophilia?
    It sounds like they tested you for PAI-1 4G/5G test. Women with PCOS also can test positive for that mutation. I have one copy but I don't have PCOS. Here's the thing. You can have two copies of a mutation homozygous or one copy heterozygous. Having two copies of one mutation is more serious. There are other various thrombophilias they can test you for. Factor V is one of them. There is also Factor II, Factor XII, B-Fibrinogen, HPA1 a/b(L33P). There is MTHFR Hyperhomocysteinema which inhibits a person's ability to absorb folic acid and theire homocystine levels can rise making a person at risk for clots and cardiovascular issues. I would find out if you have one or two copies of the mutation. Overall it's not just a pregnancy issue, it can be a long-term health issue down the road. Many of us take baby aspirin and go on lovenox which is low molecular weight heparin when pg. Heparin you have to take 2x a day and lovenox is 1x a day. Lovenox is no picnic but obviously worth it if you can maintain a pg. You can look up the tests on the internet although it can make your head spin! Wishing you success!
    Stacey
    Last edited by poohbear; 05-27-2009 at 09:46 AM.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My head is already spinning. Im hopeing the Dr will explain a little more when I meet with him(although that is not until Nov.) Yes she did mention thrombophilia but said the Factor 5 is fine , just 5g and 4g are off. Im not sure about all the tests...yet so I will list what it says on my order.
    ANA
    anti-Thrombin III
    Lupus anticoagulant
    Protein C&S
    Leiden Fastor 5
    Homocysteine
    Prolactin
    PAI 1 genotype
    Prothrombin Gene mutation
    MTHFR 677, 1298
    Antigen activity.

Thanks so much for the help Poohbear, you have been a sanity saver
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

poohbear
    tired
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your very welcome!
    Those are the tests I had. The PAI 1 is the 4G/5G I'm pretty sure. I have that one off too. That's good if only you have one that's off. I had to wait 3 months for my appt. with the hematologist. Can they put you on a cancellation list? If you take the baby aspirin and then get a BFP and do the lovenox which you RE can prescribe you'll be fine. Initially my hematologist told me I could start he lovenox after BFP but my RE is having me do it post O. Every doctor has their own philosophy on it.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didnt know I would need to see a hematologist Is it important to get into one? My Ob is the one that has made all the decisions on testing etc. so far.
    Me 37 DH 37

poohbear
    tired
    Post Thanks / Like
    You probably don't have to see one. Some of my testing was done my family practice doctor and I had to see rheumatologist and then a hematologist. The hematologist would prescribe lovenox for me if I needed.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ok, for now Ill stick with my Ob but I will bring it up when I see my family Dr. next.
    Me 37 DH 37

poohbear
    tired
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck!

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, you too!!
    Me 37 DH 37