FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    barcelona
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Icsi

My hubby has a normal (80-100 million) count and good
    morphology. So I am wondering why the RE is recommending ICSI.
    When I met with the RE, I didn't think anything of it, but I am concerned about
    birth defects,etc.

Does anyone have a positive or negative experience with ICSI???
    Should I not do it?

2. Advertisement

nycmomma
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm all for ICSI. in my cycle this month i had 33 mature eggs and 29 fertilized with ICSI (that's 88%).

barcelona
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much!!!

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    DH has no count or other issues but our RE suggested ICSI too. They did 1/2 natural fertilization and 1/2 via ICSI. I think my RE just wanted to be sure and cover all bases.
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs
    IVF #1 - BFN; FET #1 - BFP (abd. ectopic/loss);
    IVF #2 - BFN; IVF #3 - Summer 2010
    Mom to the World's 2 Coolest Mutts

Zachary Nicholas (11/04/08)

shauna212000
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Icsi

My RE suggested ICSI because my husband has low motility. His count was ~60million but they don't swim (at least not as well as they should).
    My RE looks for 50% motility, his was only 15.

I just had my retrieval this morning, so no word on fertilization rates yet.

Hope that helps!

barcelona
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks so much, ladies!!

I really like the idea of 1/2 ICSI and 1/2 Natural. Maybe I might do that depending on my type of egg quality and what the boys look like that day.

shauna212000
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fertilization rates with ICSI

I just wanted to report that of our 17 eggs, 16 were suitable for ICSI and 12 fertilized! That's 75%.

This process was a miracle for our IF issue, low motility. So far, I'd recommend it to anyone with very low motility.

babym
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    During our first IVF, the embryos didn't fertilize. We do not have motility issues, so the Doctors recommended ICSI because the shell of my eggs may be too hard for the sperm to get through (caused by age.. I'm 42).

Second IVF, with ICSI and AH (assisted hatching) 3 fertilized embryos were transferred, but it ended in a miscarriage at 8w.

We're in the 3rd cycle now.. and the insurance company will be paying for ICSI and AH !
    I definitely recommend it.

andy's_wife
    is a momma of three and loves it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i did first cycle of ICSI and it was a bfn...we're doing second attempt in sep...I have 4 frozen embryos. We decided on ICSI cause dh's acrosome wasn't working (sperm do not recognize eggs) anyhow i wish you luck

Mellie_1233
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did ICSI w/CCRM. Our diagnosis was diminished ovarian reserve. At our prior clinc DH always came back w/super duper sperm. At CCRM there was something that was a little off (I can't remember what that was) but I don't think it was anything major.

He "Qualified" for ICSI b/c he takes lipitor for high cholesterol. I'm not sure what lipitor does to sperm. I kind of had the impression that nearly everyone does ICSI there. We also had assisted hatching.

We had 7 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized. I am pregnant w/a little girl due next month and she passed the screening tests.

I hear people talk from time to time about being worried about problems from ICSI but I've never actually seen a study indicating that it causes problems. If someone could point me toward a study on that I'd be very interested in reading it since we're gonna try for baby #2 w/IVF and probably ICSI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast