FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
FT- The place to vent, to learn, and to feel not-so-alone

missdixie33
    is always hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like

FT- The place to vent, to learn, and to feel not-so-alone

I've been coming to this website since I started on IVF almost a year ago. I was in desperate need of some answers and a connection to others that were facing infertility and the treatments that would ensue. And I not only found those answers, but I found a community of people that always wished for positive results for you and made you feel less alone.

Dealing with infertility can leave you feeling cold, hopeless, and alone. Outsiders can only sympathize and some- unfortunately- make you feel as though you hold some blame in your predicament. FT members and administrators never make you feel alienated, ashamed, or alone.

When I feel down about my situation, I turn on my computer and I go to FT. And by the time I've left the site, I feel much better. I feel more connected and reassured that there are so many others going through the same things that I am going through. Now, I wish there weren't so many of us. I wish infertility was extremely rare, but it is what it is. And I'm grateful to have a safe haven to turn to when I need it. And, in turn, I like that I have a chance to help others- to share my experiences and try to lift the spirits of someone else in the same or similar circumstances or, at best, to help them know they are not alone, either. There is a real sense of community here that is invaluable to those facing these challenges.

I've tried out other sites and they're just not the same. Many sites tend to be dominated by those that just want to talk about ancillary issues- like baby naming and what toys to buy. I'm not discounting those sites, but when it comes to infertility, those involved tend to focus on real issues that are preventing us from getting to naming and toy-buying.

Thank you for being there and for everything you're doing to help the fertility-challenged. And thank you for giving us a place to go!
    Me-DOR
    DH-MF (proven fert)
    2011: IVF#1 & #2 with OE- big fat failures
    2012: IVF#3 (DE) VT, MC @5 mo
    2013: FET 1: CP, FET 2: BFN, FET 3: Twins, MC1
    DD born July, 2014
    03/2016: IVF #4 (DE)
    Beta: 12dp5dt 1600; 16dp5dt 9431
    Boy/Girl twins born Sept 9

2. Advertisement

SC-Impatient_in_VA
    *ments* Baby pic in album
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thank you for having such nice things to say about the community here, missdixie
    Me: MTHFR A1298c & C677T
    DH: 32 1% Kruger
    TTC: since 02/2009

3 IUIs all BFN in 2011
    IVF age 33 #1 5dt of 2 (4AB), 4 frozen, chemical
    FET #1: 2 blasts, beta 241 @ 15dpo, 17dpo 699
    u/s: singleton w/ HB 148@7w4d, girl born 11/2012
    TTC #2: FET #1: 13dpo beta: 7 (chemical)
    TTC #2, FET #2: 14dpo beta: 148, 17dpo beta 1,114
    u/s 12/14/16

jugde
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by missdixie33 View Post
    I've been coming to this website since I started on IVF almost a year ago. I was in desperate need of some answers and a connection to others that were facing infertility and the treatments that would ensue. And I not only found those answers, but I found a community of people that always wished for positive results for you and made you feel less alone.

Dealing with infertility can leave you feeling cold, hopeless, and alone. Outsiders can only sympathize and some- unfortunately- make you feel as though you hold some blame in your predicament. FT members and administrators never make you feel alienated, ashamed, or alone.

When I feel down about my situation, I turn on my computer and I go to FT. And by the time I've left the site, I feel much better. I feel more connected and reassured that there are so many others going through the same things that I am going through. Now, I wish there weren't so many of us. I wish infertility was extremely rare, but it is what it is. And I'm grateful to have a safe haven to turn to when I need it. And, in turn, I like that I have a chance to help others- to share my experiences and try to lift the spirits of someone else in the same or similar circumstances or, at best, to help them know they are not alone, either. There is a real sense of community here that is invaluable to those facing these challenges.

I've tried out other sites and they're just not the same. Many sites tend to be dominated by those that just want to talk about ancillary issues- like baby naming and what toys to buy. I'm not discounting those sites, but when it comes to infertility, those involved tend to focus on real issues that are preventing us from getting to naming and toy-buying.

Thank you for being there and for everything you're doing to help the fertility-challenged. And thank you for giving us a place to go!
    post interesting