I'm 7wks. 3days and just met with the high risk doctor for the first time. I explained that after having 3 m/c I'm really considering doing a CVS and wanted to know what he thought. Obviously, he said it's my decision, but he recommends doing the ultrascreen first and only doing the CVS if the results aren't good. I know the CVS does have some risk, but it's so much more definitive and from what I understand it can detect even more abnormalities than the ultrascreen. I'm so torn. Any advice or experiences with either of these tests would be greatly appreciated!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM #1hbg28Registered Userhas no status.
- Join Date
- May 2008
Need Help Deciding About CVS!
09-13-2008, 03:54 PM #2KnittingMarieRegistered Userhas no status.
- Join Date
- May 2005
- Southwest MO
- Blog Entries
I 100% agree with CassAnn.....if you feel that you are at high risk for miscarriage, don't do anything that would increase the risk.Dx PCOS in 1999; Married to Jim in 2002
Proud Mama to five miracles:
Bonnie 2 years, and The Quads: Melanie, Oliver, Teddy, and Audrey, 7 months!
09-13-2008, 07:06 PM #3
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM #4
I would not risk it.
DISCLAIMER: Fertile Thoughts allows advertisers to publish information about their services. Fertile Thoughts does not provide medical advice or endorse any particular service or approach to treating infertility. We encourage people to learn as much as possible about the range of options available before committing to any one. We also encourage users to share their thoughts on all fertility options on our forums.