Did it end up having something to do with the mutation with you? I figured if it happens again then I will start insisting. I hope it doesn't and that I don't have to go through that again. I will take your advice though if it happends again. Thanks and I'll keep you posted!! I take my last pill of Clomid today so then its on to BMS next week.
Results 51 to 60 of 228
02-02-2008, 09:11 AM #51
02-03-2008, 05:40 AM #52
Erin- no it actually ended up being my tubes being hydros- from a birth defect but during 10 yrs, multiple drs & 8 m/c -I kept being told there was no reason to test us for IF issues since we did keep getting pg just me not carrying past the 1st tri. And I was told when we finally got them to start testing that there was no way it could be a plumbing issue with me since we did keep getting pg- they did the hsg as a requirement before doing an IUI & surprise, surprise. Remember to have fun next week
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM #53
Wow, thanks for sharing your story. If it happends again, I'll be sure to ask my OB to start testing me for things. I will be sure to have fun this week!!! What exactly is hydros?
02-04-2008, 08:02 AM #54
the tubes have scarring on the ends near the ovaries & inside so that even though the tubes are secreting fluid like they are supposed to (this helps inthe movement of egg & sperm in the tubes) they are unable to reabsorb this fluid- which is embryo toxic
02-19-2008, 05:04 PM #55
oh wow!! That sounds like it sucks. Thanks for sharing. I have forgotten to check this board since I wrote that question on here to you. Anyway, nothing new going on here, just finishing out a cycle of Clomid, I'm hoping it works, but we won't know anything for awhile. I'll keep you posted. Erin
03-17-2008, 03:23 PM #56
Well, Aubie, on an update, the Clomid worked, I Oed, but no pg. Oh well, maybe next cycle. I'm hoping one of these days it will work. We are going back to see the urologist tomorrow because DH is having pain where that varicocele is. We're hoping the INS company will cover the surgery now since its not exactly an IF issue anymore. Pain is considered a health issue so we're hoping for the best. We are seeing our first RE on the 31st. YAY. I'm excited to hear what hes going to say. My cycles are now lasting like 8 wks and they gave me some Provera to get it started, but its got more hormone in it then I'm comfortable with so I'm not currently taking it. The hemo told me it was my choice. She couldn't guartenee me to not have problems from it so I just decided not to take it. The nurse from the OB office told me they just wanted to give it to me just this once. I thought yeah and what are they going to do next month when my cycle doesn't start again. So I'm just not taking it. We'll see what the RE has to say. Anyway, hows the baby doing? Can you believe she is already 2 months old? WOW, time flies. Well, I'll update you again when I know something else.
03-22-2008, 04:08 PM #57
Well, we went to the doctor last week and DH has an infection down there which was causing the pain. They put him on a month of antibiotics and told him to come back in a month. Apparently there isn't supposed to be pain related to a varicocele. Oh well, we tried. We'll go back next month and see what they say. We also are looking foreward to the RE appt on the 31st. I'll update you again when I see the RE.
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM #58marlenectRegistered Userhas no status.
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Maryland, USA
It's been many, many months since I last responded in here. I've gotten caught up and read all of the discussions since then. Jen, I hope your pregnancy is continuing to go well! I'm 38 and trying to make the final decision as to whether to try and get pregnant one more time (I have a three year old already and had a m/c this past September at which time I also got a blood clot, DVT, in my leg and was eventually diagnosed with the Prothrombin Gene Mutation. Anyways, with my issues and my age, I also have some of the concerns like you....if I did get pregnant, should I have an amnio? I know I shouldn't even worry about that since I'm not pregnant, but we have many things to consider.
Aubie, CONGRATS on the birth of your daughter, wow, what a nightmare delivery! Mine last 21 hours and also from not dilating, but yours sounds much worse! I've never heard of that balloon thing, wow, how horrendous!!! I found the cervical exams the WORST and most painful part of the labor (it was the only times I actually screamed) so I just can't imagine having all of that done to you! Anyways, luckily it's all over and now you have a wonderful, almost 3 month old daughter...ENJOY here!!
I'd love to hear from any of the previously pregnant women that were on Lovenox during the pregnancy that have now given birth. How did everything go with relation to the blood clot concerns, Lovenox? Were you and baby healthy and safe throughout? Any complications with Lovenox, epidurals, etc.? I would love to hear your details and experiences.
Between meeting with my Hematologist, my normal OB and then also a Peri, they told me that if I get pregnant, I'll be on the following plan.....Lovenox even while trying to get pregnant (I'm currently on Coumadin and would have to switch to Lovenox), then about a week or so (I forget now) before induction, I would be switched to Heparin since it can be reversed with a shot in case I go into labor before induction and need any sort of epidural and it has a shorter lifespan in the body than Lovenox and that they wouldn't induce until 39 weeks. I even said that I had read a lot of comments online where women were induced at 37 or 38 weeks and both my Peri and the regular OB said that although most of the time babies are safe at that stage, there is still risk of underdeveloped lungs at even 38 weeks, so they prefer to wait until 39 weeks. Given that I didn't even go to 39 weeks with my daughter (I went into labor 10 early), they said they'd still plan for 39 weeks and if I went into labor early, then that's my body saying it's time. I did like the idea of the induction being planned with being on Lovenox (or Heparin by that time), so I would hope my body could hold out this time. Anyways, it was interesting that there were slight differences in "the plan" than I've read here. I guess every doctor is different slightly.
Anyways, I need to decide in the next few months whether we are going to go for it or not. Decisions, decisions, I'm still scared!
P.S., by the way Erin, I had my daughter tested in November for the Prothrombin Gene (I wanted to know) and LUCKILY she tested negative!! I was SO happy that I cried tears of joy! So it doesn't automatically pass to our kids, yeah!!
Last edited by marlenect; 04-02-2008 at 04:02 PM.
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM #59
hey Marlene, they told us that the possiblilty of passing it to our kids was only 50%. We will get them tested right away because I want to know. You are right that every doctor has a difference in "the plan". As I was reading your plan I was noticing a difference in what my peri and OB told me. My peri told me she wouldn't switch me to Heparin. She said she will switch me to baby aspirin the last week and they will induce me at 37 wks. It will be worked around my OB's schedule so he can be the one to deliver me. The only advice I have for you right now is when you decide to go ahead and try for another baby, the suggest that you be switched to Lovenox from Coumadin one to two months before you start trying to make sure all that Coumadin is out of your system. I don't have any more advice for you since I am not pg yet. I'm planning an IUI cycle for this month sometime, just don't know when yet. I'll keep everyone posted. Best of luck on your decision, let us all know what you decide.
ErinMe (28) DH (32)
Trying to conceive since April 05
Femara #1 - BFP, m/c Sept 07 @ 3 wks
Clomid #1 - BFN
IUI #1 04/08 - BFN IUI #2 06/08 - BFN
IUI #3 04/09 - BFN
DX - Oligomenorrhea, Factor 2 Prothrombin Gene, MF, PCOS, poss endo and DUB
DH's surgery Feb 2009, a success!!
currently lost 45lbs!! Oing on my own now!!
currently praying for a natural miracle!!!!!!!
04-07-2008, 07:52 PM #60marlenectRegistered Userhas no status.
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Maryland, USA
Thanks for your reply. Yes, they did tell me that I can NOT be on Coumadin while trying to get pregnant since it can cause birth defects. I hadn't heard the 1 to 2 months ahead of time, but we also hadn't gotten to that stage yet. But I've been on Coumadin just over 6 months now which is what they wanted with treating the DVT/blood clot I had, so now I need to start making decisions. Besides many other things pros and cons to think about with another child, I can't help deny that I just am not looking forward to the thought of a year or so of injections twice a day, yuck! I know it's silly, but once I'm pregnant, I won't be able to turn back I just hated the shots when I first got the blood clot and that was only for 5 days, so a year, yikes. I believe you've been on them for many months now right?....wow, kudos to you!!!
I'll keep you posted...and continued good luck to you!
DISCLAIMER: Fertile Thoughts allows advertisers to publish information about their services. Fertile Thoughts does not provide medical advice or endorse any particular service or approach to treating infertility. We encourage people to learn as much as possible about the range of options available before committing to any one. We also encourage users to share their thoughts on all fertility options on our forums.