FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Low Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone Normal FSH & LH

gphil1088
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Low Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone Normal FSH & LH

Hi I am new here an struggling to find a Dr. that will determine what my actual issue is vs. just offering hormone replacement.

I have HIGH DHEAS around 400

I have LOW Testosterone (probably even lower since its been dropping for a couple of years and this test is 9 months old)
    Total Testosterone 12
    Free Tesosterone is .2

I have LOW Estradiol on day 3 of
    I have LOW Progesterone on day 22 of 5.6
    My FSH and LH are both around 6.25 on day 3
    My Antimulerian is 5.3

They keep saying PCOS due to high DHEAS but I am not overweight, my A1C is perfect and my ovaries don't have cysts. The low sex hormones point to ovarian failure but the lack of elevated FSH argues against it.

Almost like hormones are bottlenecked at the DHEAS and not converting down through the sex steroid pathway. Looking for suggestions here? Suggestions?

2. Advertisement

LiveBeautiful
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gphil1088 I'm sorry to hear what you are going through! Our bodies can be so complex! What is your body fat like? Sometimes when women have low body fat this can contribute to hormonal imbalances and you need need fat in order to produce hormones. Also what are your stress levels like? Normally when a person is really stressed progesterone gets converted to coristol which is a hormone also produced by the adrenal glands. My tips would be to really start increasing your dietary intake of good fats such as coconut oil, fish oil, nuts and seeds. Also it would be good to add in a good b100 complex. B vitamins help our body to cope with stress as well as help with progesterone production. Also testosterone can naturally be increased when you exercise and lift weights. Hope this helps!

stephanic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Low Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone Normal FSH & LH

Hi,
    Low testosterone and low estrogen is one of the unknown enemy which can spoil your sex life. If testosterone level is low then you cannot happily live your life and you also don't have muscle mass. It can totally lead your sex life a horrible situation. However there are lots of reasons for low T level and somewhere lack of sleep also affect your T level. So it should be better to take some preventive ways by which you can increase your testosterone level without any problem.
    See more on: Poor Sleep may cause Low Testosterone Level in Men - Increase Testosterone in Older Men