FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sue3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know i Kept asking him about that and he said they have a scale of what it should me and they would see if I were "in the ballpark".... arghhh... So would you keep taking it? I am not sure... thinking I might take my wheatgrass etc. and try on my own. My doctor says I should do the clomid... but I am scared it will keep it too high ?

Do you guys know anyone that a good re in the south? Can I post a doctors name here?

2. Advertisement

sue3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry , cant type today... a good RE in the south
    The one he referred me to I dont think is FSH friendly. I think all they care about is numbers and dont want to waste my time.

Also, my ob seems to really believe it does not matter what day to test and he does want me to see an RE. I guess I will not be able to get the CCCT this month as I am already on day 2. I need to make a decision on a RE and fast. The one I am looking at is a great distance from where I reside... I wish this were easier. You gus are amazing and very well versed. thank you so much.. I just dont know if I should take the clomid or not.... : (
    Last edited by sue3; 08-07-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: wanted to add

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Sue, Sorry I'm a Yankee so I'm not familiar w/your area but you can check out the 1st thread, FSH cut-offs. Ladies have posted clinics that are high fsh friendly.

You don't want to take Clomid for too long. I wasted a lot of time w/my gyn/ob. He prescribed me several mos of Clomid then sent me on my way. Personally, I wouldn't take it again unless you were under an RE's care. Clomid has a lot of value but it also has some side effects, like thinning the uterine lining. I asked my RE if Clomid would raise my fsh for the next cycle & he said no;although, there are several ladies on this board that would disagree. There are alternatives to Clomid like Femara but an RE would be the one that could guide you in the right direction.

I'm currently taking Clomid + Follistim for IVF & have had pretty good results. High FSHers are more challenging to stim but not impossible, which is why a high fsh friendly RE is your best bet. Good luck!

sue3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi VQ,

Thank you so much for your advice. It means a lot to finally have someone to talk to about this. I have kept it to myself as I dont want added pressure of others knowing in my day to day life.

Anyway, I'm not going to take it this cycle. I am going to book an appointment with an RE as soon as I can. I did talk to one's nurse on the phone the other day ( in my quest to find a good one) and she did say that they would stimulate me with a FSH type drug... but you nailed it on the head ( I would be monitored) and that is what is so important it seems like. So they would know how I respond.I also think like many that it would raise my FSH levels for the next cycle.

If I may ask, do you take any supplements? What is Follistim?

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Follistim is an FSH stimulating med like what your nurse mentioned. It stimulates the ovaries to make several follicles. It's given as a self-injecting shot at a dose that your RE determines by your tests. You then go in on a regular basis for bloodwork & ultrasound to be monitored until your RE feels your eggs are mature & you're ready for either IUI(insemination) or IVF(invitro).

Some clinics check fsh on a regular basis w/the thought that a lower fsh means the potential for a better cycle. So you'd probably be better off giving your body a month to let it clear out. Others, like mine, don't check once the test results come back high. You're pretty much labeled a "tough cookie" & they start w/more aggressive treatments.

There are a lot of women on this board that take royal jelly & wheatgrass. If you look under the thread healthy habits they have listed several supplements. I just take a prenatal vitamin & CoQ10, which is supposed to improve egg quality.

This is a really supportive board! I hope you stick around! It's pretty quiet on the weekends but picks up during the week. Most people post on the weekly cyclers board.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Im glad you are going to get into an RE. I would probably hold off on the clomid too, just till you see an RE. Did you find one on the list that seems to be FSH friendly? I think some of our ladies in the south have had a hard time finding one.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

sue3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

First to OP, I am really sorry for taking over your thread! I read your thread and could just relate to you and had the same questions.

I am looking at Dr. John Issacs in Jackson, Ms. He is listed on the highfshinfo website.

Does anyone know anything about him?

Should I start a new thread?

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    sue, I would start your own thread, more ladies will see it that way
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

aliced
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks!

thank you for all of the input. this will all be very helpful at my appointments. my most recent cd3 FSH was 2. i am so confused about this whole thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12