FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love

Clomid Challenge Test & fertility shots ?

Hi, I am brand new here. I am 37 & ttc for YEARS with only 2 m/c to show for it. I saw an RE from Cleveland Clinic who recommended I go through the Clomid Challenge Test. My day 3 fsh was 7 but my day 10 was 15.6! I don't know if I was tested for AMH or not. He said my results fell in the normal/borderline high range because they like to see the fsh go down, not up & my estrogen was 72, which is the high side of normal. He said it's more for the future if I go through fertility shots or ivf (I'll need a higher dose.) He didn't act like it was a major deal & even said he usually gets good results stimulating; although, everything I've read spells gloom & doom. I took a 100 mg. of Clomid & am scheduled for my 1st iui tomorrow. After reading some of your posts I've wondered, do you think I would be better off with fertility shots? He recommended 3 rounds of iui followed by ivf. I initially thought it was better to go w/ Clomid because of the risk of multiples w/fertility shots. Any input about your experiences would be greatly appreciated! It's so frustrating, I wish my insurance helped pay for treatment!

2. Advertisement

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Is this IUI from the ccct? I have seen many ladies do that. What RE are you seeing? I am a CC patient too. I think a couple IUI's is probably a good idea.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Yes, this is from cct cycle. I'm seeing Dr. Goldfarb in Beachwood. Have you been happy with them?

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is my Dr too. I was very happy with them. Dr. G is very good, I would trust him.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Thank you! DH & I liked him right away. We're going in today for iui.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good luck, and be sure to keep me posted.
    Me 37 DH 37

Amber209
    is currently pregnant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amazed
    vacationqueen - I think IUIs are a good first step. I wouldn't worry too much about the multiples with the fertility shots, because usually they willl monitor you and will not allow to go into an IUI with too many follicles. Also they give you an indication of how you will react to the drugs.
    Me 38 DH 43
    FSH 11 and Stage 3 endometriosis (lap removed Jan '11)
    TTC 5 years
    6/07 natural BFP m/c @ 9wks
    IUIs 1-3 (Jul-Sep '08) BFNs
    IVFs #1-4 11/08 - 6/09 2-13 eggs, 0-3 embryos, all BFN egg quality issues
    12/09 - thyroid cancer removed 3/10
    Apr '11 Natural BFP betas 14, 18, 27 Chemical preg
    IVF #5 Aug '11 one 12 cell embryo on day 3 - BFP!

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Thanks Amber! My RE told me yesterday that we have a couple of options & it would be helpful to see how I react in case we move on to ivf.