FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    pray2rita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Clinic cut off for FSH

I just ran into a friend of mine and she said that University of Connecticut threw her out of the program with an FSH of 22. They said there was nothing they could do for her. Now, I know personally that they would cycle me for IVF up until FSH 19, at 38-39 yrs. old. She is going to Dr. Check now.

FYI: Yale's cutoff for treatment is FSH 12 for IVF and FSH 12-15 for IUI. This is based on my case, of course, and the cut off info is from 1998 (age 37 at the time).

If anyone else wants to share FSH cutoffs that they have *personal* knowledge of, please share, so that we all make well informed decisions when choosing a high FSH friendly RE. As long as our information is truthful and accurate, it is ok to post it Please no names of specific doctors, clinics only. We don't want anyone to get prickly. That's my legal disclaimer and I am actually a lawyer AND play one on FT. LOL.
    Last edited by tnahope; 01-19-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Dx 5/08 DOR
    IUI # 1-5= BFN
    IVF#1 (e2 patch, gonal-F, menopur, ganirelix) BFN 2 embie angels
    IVF attempt #2 cancelled
    IVF attempt #3 converted to IUI
    IVF attempt #4 1 egg, broken during ER; no ET
    Mini IVF#1: 2 eggs; BFN; 1 embie angel
    Mini IVF #2: 2 eggs; 1 embie on ice

2. Advertisement

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good Idea Rita, we all know how hard it is to get this news from a RE after wasting so much time and money with them.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Tamara43
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only wish I lived in the States. Here in Toronto, Canada, the cut off seems to be 14. TCart rejected me outright unless I wanted to use donor eggs. Hannam, where I now am, will cycle me with my own if my fsh is 14 or less.

(Fingers crossed for Jan IUI - my Sep, Oct and Nov fsh levels were 24, 16.6 and 17.1. I'm almost 39 fwiw)

Tamara

pray2rita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tamara! Let's keep the good info. flowing girls!
    Dx 5/08 DOR
    IUI # 1-5= BFN
    IVF#1 (e2 patch, gonal-F, menopur, ganirelix) BFN 2 embie angels
    IVF attempt #2 cancelled
    IVF attempt #3 converted to IUI
    IVF attempt #4 1 egg, broken during ER; no ET
    Mini IVF#1: 2 eggs; BFN; 1 embie angel
    Mini IVF #2: 2 eggs; 1 embie on ice

CJ29
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to Columbia...fsh cutoff 15...RMA NY 12...Dr Kofinas 13....I spoke to a few on phone too and most were below 12 or 15 ...The only place that will work with me that I know of is New Hope and Dr Check at Cooper...

AZchic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think SI*RM has a cutoff. They actually never even checked my fsh for my IVF cycle.
    Me 30 DH 31
    High FSH 20.5, Endo
    IUI #1 (8/09) chemical
    IUI #2 (8/09) BFN
    IVF #1 12/09 BFP

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have used RGI in Ohio and Cleveland Clinic and neither clinic has had an issue with my FSH. They did give me the DE speech but were willing to work with me if that is what I chose to do.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Tamara43
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    BC-tnahope, how high was your fsh? Curious if it was below what these other clinics have as a cut off?

tamara

Mrs Bunny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my own experience:

NYU
    max FSH 12.5 on Day 3 of IVF cycle.

Cornell
    max FSH 12 on Day 3 of IVF cycle.

There may, of course, be ways to negotiate with your doctor to bend the clinic rules. Also, keep in mind these cut-offs are not your lifetime worst ever FSH level....just the FSH that happens be on Day 3 of the IVF cycle month. So if it doesn't clock in under the limit right now, you can always try again the next month to see if FSH is lower.

Or better yet, do an EPP estrogen priming protocol to artificially push down FSH in time for the start of cycle, so you can take stims more effectively. Then, the 'cut-off' number doesn't really apply.

elli75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    JHU max is 10 (but if higher will give you meds to artificially lower it to below 10); Fert Cntr of MD max is 12

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast