FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

alabama_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Does a Mock Embryo Transfer Hurt?

Hello ladies. I am fairly new to this board. My first visit to an RE was a little over a month ago. My first FSH test came in at 36 and they handed me a packet for donor egg and adoption and sent me on my merry way.

Since then, I have been getting acupuncture 1x per week and now it's 2x per week and taking 2 oz of wheatgrass shots everyday. I traveled to see Dr. Check in NJ last week. My recent CD3 test yesterday came back with an FSH of 11.3!!!

I am now starting on 2 vials of Menopur and 1 .25mg of Cetrodil (?) for a couple of days till the next ultrasound/blood test.

I also have to have a Mock Embryo Transfer done. Does it hurt? What would you compare it to? I hated the HSG and I have had a biopsy done in the past which for me was also painful.

Thanks, Alison

2. lillysin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alison -- I did not find the mock embryo transfer (or the actual transfer for that matter) painful at all. Have you had an iui? I would compare it to that. I thought is was less painful than the HSG, although I didn't find the HSG to be all that bad.

WJAWAD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't find the mock transfer painful at all - similar to a PAP. If you are concerned you can take 2 Tylenol (or Advil if the RE will allow) about 30 - 45 minutes before the procedure.

alabama_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your responses. Alison