FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

liz2478
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

IVF protocol used in high FSH

Hello everyone. My name is Liz and I am a lurker for sometime now. =) I have been diagnosed to have high FSH last year. Had my second IUI (4th IUI since we started)this cycle with my new RE and still BFN. I am loosing hope. For those who did IVF, did your RE used any type of IVF protocol to stim you? My RE just wants to stim me like I am doing an IUI and if I produce more than 6 eggs then she will proceed to IVF. If I don't produce >4 eggs then she just converts me to an IUI.

I know that using the flare or antagon protocol creates more eggs. So I am confused why she won't choose any.

2. Advertisement

hanna1
    hanna1
    has no status.
    Edit
    How old are you? Why do you need IVF? have you gone to www.highfshinfo.com to find a high fsh friendly re?

Nic37
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Hanna, it does not sound like your RE has your best interests regarding high FSH. There are many protocols that have been very successful for high fshers. Also, you are in So California and there are several High FSH friendly REs there that will give you a better protocol and not cancel you for being a poor responder. I know it is scary thinking about leaving your RE, but many of us have. I did 3 IUIs with one before moving on to two more high FSH friendly REs. There are several stories at the website Hanna mentioned that describe the same thing - multiple REs to find the one that worked. Good luck!
    Me 39 DH 38
    TTC 3 years
    Highest FSH 30.5
    Hyrdrosalpinx Left Tube
    10/07; 11/07; 12/07 IUIs BFNs
    3/08 IVF#1 BFN
    5/08 IVF#2 No ET
    2/09 IVF#3 BFN
    3/09 - Natural PG - M/C

liz2478
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Thanks for your reply. I am 33 years old. We have been TTC for 2 years now. 4 IUI's all BFN. We are doing accupuncture since Jan. I guess I am just getting frustrated especially the last IUI. Everything was going well and I had 3 mature follicles. But still BFN.

Are there any ladies here who are from Los Angeles? Anyone knows any high FSH friendly RE near LA? I would also look into that website. Thanks.

hope-for-one
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

look for your alternatives.....

Hi Liz,

I love my RE and she is wonderful BUT they are stuck on the magic numbers. High fsh'ers are only a small number of the infertile group that can botch the stats for their center. It took me awhile but I decided to deal with an expert who deals w/high fsh. They throw the stats out the window.

My re is willing to stim me but honestly, they don't have the practical knowledge that someone who deals w/high fsh'ers daily. So I would definately look into an expert in your area for high fsh. Check out the sart website someone listed on another link for stats for clinics in your area. Change the dx to dor and you can see how many patients they treat w/high fsh.

Good luck. I know it's frustrating. But most of us only get someone shots w/our insurance. It's best to get the most bang for your buck : )

Michelle

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree, I would find a RE that works with High FSHers. They will know what protocols will work best for you. Some REs, like mine, don't work a lot with High FSHers but is willing and he will let me give him some ideas, he is willing to work with me, so I will take some sheets of protocols, I have found on the net and talk them over with him. Good luck
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

liz2478
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. Thanks again for your response. I spoke with my RE regarding the different types of protocols and she discussed it with me. She is still willing to stimulate me. She told me that she did trial IUI with a higher dose of FSH because the last time we did it, I only produced 1 egg. She said that I responded well this time. I still like her. She has an excellent bedside manner. She is able to keep me from getting nervous everytime we do any procedure.

We were ready to try the IVF this time but on US, we found 2 corpus luteum cysts. So my RE suggested just to try unmedicated IUI and see if this works. If not, then we will proceed to the IVF.

I found a book that was recommended by one of my friends who had undergone IVF too. The author is "Alice Domar, Ph.D. Healthy mind, Healthy body". And I have been reading it everyday and trying all the relaxation technique that she has described. I think it is working. I am more relaxed and I don't think about my condition every minute of the day.

Thanks again. =)

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good luck Liz, and keep us posted on your progress.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board