FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    little sprite
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me it's going to be OK

I just got the talk from my RE a few days ago. And I can't stop crying. I can't face the possibility of not having children. I'm having anxiety attacks. I can't sleep. I'm so tired. So tired. My body is broken and I don't know why. I don't know what I did to cause this. I feel like my body has betrayed me. I'm scared to think about the future. The RE wants me to take another FSH test next month but I don't think I can take it if it's bad news so I want to cancel. I know I'm rambling but I'm just so scared.
    Thank you for letting me get this out. I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone in my life.

2. Advertisement

Emma1970
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    little sprite - It's going to be okay. There are other REs out there. If you provide a few more details, perhaps we can advise you better.

Hang in there!

DixieDoolittle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little sprite, dry your eyes and save up your energy. It's a shocker when you've got high FSH, but it is not the end. Like Emma said, please provide details and we'll all weigh in. What's your FSH number? Did your RE also do E2 on cd3? Did you get an antral follicle count as well? How old are you?
    Dixie

Me 40 DH 49

FSH 15.5, 7.5

2 IUIs, 2 IVFs = Thomas delivered at 28 weeks 1/09

TTC #2 on our own - 13 times is the charm! BFP 6/10!

little sprite
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your resposes. I'm 38 and a newlywed. DH had a vasectomy more than 10 years ago during his first marriage; long story short he deeply regrets it now. We always thought IVF was our only option because the V was so long ago. But the RE told us on our first visit that I have a less than 10% chance of success with IVF because my FSH is 18 and I won't respond well to the drugs.
    He suggested we get a vasectomy reversal and try naturally so now we are looking into that too. I just don't know what to think. I was prepared for the vasectomy related problems but I never even suspected I might have fertility problems too.
    It's so frustrating. All these years I was wasting my fertile years... I wish I had started getting serious about having children earlier.
    I had an HSG test and everything checked out so that's good news.
    I don't even know what those other tests are.

rjc0704
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the feeling. My desire to have children came later in my fertile years, too. Don't get caught up on FSH too much. Mine was high like yours and acupuncture and herbs have helped: wheat grass, thryroid activator, blue vervain, parsley and FcsII - I get mine from natures sunshine and it's not that costly. My FSH has been as high as 22 - that was just one reading. Since acupucture and herbs over the last year, my FSH has been 7.1 routinely. You will respond better to IVF meds when you lower that FSH #

You have age on your side and still a great chance. If your FSH is elevated, I'm surprised they recommended trying naturally for awhile. I wouldn't try naturally for long...get the ball rolling while your young because FSH can jump up quite quickly!

Best wishes. You will learn alot and get alot of support here!

baby#2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    My FSH has been as high as 16.3 and then as low as 3.4. My RE told me that as long as my estrogen level is low that things are not totally over. I was so upset when my first high reading came back. But a high FSH is not the end of the road for most of us. I am also 38 and have low ovarian reserve...my right ovary is completely depleted of eggs. I agree with the other ladies on here...get a second opinion. We are on our second RE and he has a totally different outlook on things than the first one did. Good luck and the ladies on this board are very knowlegable and a great support to one another. Hang in there and keep us updated.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It is going to be ok It is so hard to get this news. I say find another RE asap. You will find an RE that will treat you. I think I would get a 2nd opinion on the V reversal also. My DH has Anti sperm antibodies so we have to have IVF/ICSI I know one of the main causes of the antibodies is the V reversal( My DH didnt have one, we dont know what caused his antibodies) . I just wonder how many reversals work out? I could be totally wrong on this one but I would look into that. Unless your Ins will pay for the reversal then it may be worth trying. If not I would save your time and money for IVF. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

hanna1
    hanna1
    has no status.
    Edit
    Hi LS, hope is not lost! I hope the RE thought he was doing the right thing by giving you these statistics, but I think you have a decent chance of having a child! You have to find a high FSH friendly RE, and you have age in your favor. Look over here for starters: www.highfshinfo.com/

DixieDoolittle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little Sprite - I'm 38, too, with high FSH, but I've also got high E2. To our complete surprise this cycle, I produced 4 mature eggs, 3 of which developed into grade 1 embryos. So, even though the numbers say one thing, the reality is often different than predicted outcomes.

We're all people, not statistics.

All is not lost. And you really, really need to find a high FSH friendly RE who's used to working with ladies like us. I think it's irresponsible of your RE to suggest you try naturally at your age, with your numbers. The best thing to do is just get on the stick and be aggressive with treatment. Why? Because even though all is not lost right now, it does often take several cycles to get pregnant, and at 38 time isn't on your side (I know - it hurts hearing it, but as soon as you embrace that fact, you can move on). I was diagnosed in July and finishing up my 2nd cycle today.

Don't beat yourself up about starting this late. It can't be helped. You weren't ready for children earlier and that's the bottom lime. You're ready now. Everything you do from here out should reflect that. Full speed ahead!
    Dixie

Me 40 DH 49

FSH 15.5, 7.5

2 IUIs, 2 IVFs = Thomas delivered at 28 weeks 1/09

TTC #2 on our own - 13 times is the charm! BFP 6/10!

Nic37
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little Sprite - I sent you a PM also but I agree with all the ladies. We have all been in the place you are at. That first devastating conversation with some cold RE who thinks its ok to tell you that you have no chance of having children and you should really try DE, or in your case spend money on a vasectomy and try naturally. That is absurd. Educate yourself on high FSH, find an RE that is willing to work with high FSH, and join a support forum like ours!
    Me 39 DH 38
    TTC 3 years
    Highest FSH 30.5
    Hyrdrosalpinx Left Tube
    10/07; 11/07; 12/07 IUIs BFNs
    3/08 IVF#1 BFN
    5/08 IVF#2 No ET
    2/09 IVF#3 BFN
    3/09 - Natural PG - M/C

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast