FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Danasingle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheatgrass lower FSH?

Hi!

This keeps coming up. What has been your response to taking wheatgrass over 3+ months?

Dana

2. Advertisement

Katie1973
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a believer because I had a lower recorded FSH when taking wheatgrass and I took it in preparation and during my last cycle.
    Katie
    ME 34 DH 36
    High FSHer (fsh 33)
    IVF#1 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP
    EDD 3/14/08
    Gavin and Tanner Born 2/19/08

sage2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dana

I'll find out when I test my FSH again as I have been taking it since my 1st failed cycle in Feb. I was doing fresh shots from a juice bar for the first few months, twice a week, but now the smell really turns my stomach and I can only handle juice drinks that have some wheatgrass in it - like superfood juice from Odwalla.

My cycle has lengthened from 25 or 26 to 28 or 29 days in length since I started the wheatgrass. I'm not sure if that is progress or not.
    Me - 32, DH - 41
    IVF#1 02/07 BFN
    FET#1 09/07 Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 BFN 03/08
    FET #2 9/08. BFP! Betas: 208, 625, 1478
    It's twins!!

rio
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dana- I don't know either but I do know that this is the first time that I've had more than 4 follicles. I just started stimming and have about 11 but that could change. My fsh went down last time I checked too and that was after about 3 months of wheatgrass pills. I didn't take them everyday but as often as I could and I think it helped. We'll see after this cycle is said and done.
    My question is: If you're only as good as your highest fsh then does it even help to try and lower it?
    Me (31) DH (30) 3 years ttc
    11 IUI's (all bfn) High fsh (14.9)
    IVF #1 July 2006: BFN
    FET OCtober BFN
    IVF #2 Jan. 2007: BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!

Danasingle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    If you're only as good as your highest fsh then does it even help to try and lower it?
    It doesn't sound like ALL RE's operate on that assumption. Some RE's cycle on months when the woman's FSH is lower.

Supposedly, the lower the FSH level, the better response to gonadatropins. (anyone know if lower FSH levels increase the number of follicles from Clomid too?)

11 Follicles? Wow! That's great news! Thinking growing-at-the-same-rate thoughts for you!

Dana

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have taken the tablets for a while now, but I have a hard time taking as many as I should, so I take them when i think about it. My FSH did go down a little, Im not sure if it was the wheat grass or not, I dont think I took enough for it to help much
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Katie1973
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wheatgrass is so hard to "swallow" isn't it? haha
    I don't believe the "you are only as good as your highest number thing", but that is only my personal belief, of course I think the fluctuation means something and a lower number mean something. And, like Dana was saying, Some RE's cycle on months when the woman's FSH is lower.
    There are so many factors that factor into the grand scheme of things and even taking wheatgrass is one of them. (Timing, fluctuation of fsh, protocol, age, luck, stress levels, how you take care of yourself, weight, etc.)
    I have come to think of IVF like Russian Roulette, I know I'm weird.
    ME 34 DH 36
    High FSHer (fsh 33)
    IVF#1 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP
    EDD 3/14/08
    Gavin and Tanner Born 2/19/08

jelenor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow

How much wheatgrass?

I was doing the shots from powder but YUKKIES, can't bear it anymore. So I got the pills today, 1000mg each. The bottle says take 5 at a time at least twice or 3 times a day. Ok, that's a lot of pills (added to crazy list of supplements I already take).

Of you that are doing the pills, what dose/how many are you taking?

--Jel

sage2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I don't want to gross you all out, but do you find that the wheatgrass makes you go? I don't take that much, or that often, but when I do, it "clears me out." That alone keeps me from taking more.
    Me - 32, DH - 41
    IVF#1 02/07 BFN
    FET#1 09/07 Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 BFN 03/08
    FET #2 9/08. BFP! Betas: 208, 625, 1478
    It's twins!!

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Katie

I use to take it about 4-5 times a day and now I take one a day if that, I have a hard time swallowing them, I take about 15 vits a day and the only other one I have a hard time with is shaped the same
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast