FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LMRR
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Foods during 1st trimester that will NOT make me barf!

I am at a loss as to what healthy foods I can eat that will not make me want to throw up! I have tried to be good about eating veggies, but it seems like they are the main culprit. Especially green veggies, most of the time I start gagging before I get it to my mouth. I have also tried to eat a lot of fruits, and although they don't make me feel bad, I can tell they make my stomach very..."acidy" I can't even stand salads, which I usually love. It seems like all I really crave and want to eat is pasta. Steak and chicken can go either way for me depending on the day.
    This is my first pregnancy (sorta), actually I still don't have my first appt for a few more days, but I'm hoping this sickness is a good sign. It seems like I feel the worst a dinner time and the best in the morning. And it seems like I get hungry so fast and I must eat immediately or I feel awful.
    Is this normal?????!!!!!!!!!!
    Me (29) stage 3 endo and low ovarian reserve. DH (29) perfect.
    -TTC#1 for 2.5 years
    -IVF#1 July '10-5 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos, 1 transferred on day 2 (other 2 stopped growing)
    Aug '10-Beta #1=6, #2=34, #3=320 (!), Ultrasound showed blighted ovum, missed Ab
    -Oct "10-surprise natural pregnancy. 1st HCG=82, progesterone=30, 2nd HCG=659!

2. Advertisement

Xizelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was really sick for several months during this pregnancy too. I lived off from Cereal (like granola or other healthy cereals), fruits, and Ramen Noodles. Couldn't do meat at all. I would suggest just eating whatever you can stomach and just know that it will pass
    and here's my story...
    Me (26) DH: (26) TTC: Almost 2 Years
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    2/8/10: 1st Rd. Clomid (50mg) + Metformin (1500mg)
    2/24/10: Follie 19mm=Trigger Shot
    3/10/10: BFN
    3/15/10: 2nd Rd. Clomid (100mg) + Metformin (1500mg)
    3/30/10: Follies: 18.2mm and 19.2mm=Trigger Shot
    4/13/10: BFN
    4/19/10: BFP Surprise! Woot! HCG=559 EDD: 12/25/10

jenmom2myboys
    is blessed.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I could only eat chicken tenders for awhiel. I started eating soup a lot so I just started making it. I made vegetable soup in the beginning, tomato puree based. Now I do a combo of chicken and vegetable, almost like a tew because I pile in the veggies and have very little broth. I eat it all day long. My poor husband has been eating soup for 2 months, lol.
    “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Confucius

T
    K
    W

jujuhand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vegetables made me totally sick during my first trimester too, esp. the green ones. I lived on saltines and dried ginger and ginger ale. The only thing I really enjoyed were chicken fingers. Sometimes soup if it was really salty. I think this is totally normal for your first trimester. Like you, I would feel like I wanted to barf everyday around dinnertime. It was awful. But, good news is it does go away and then you'll want to eat everything! I would say just eat what you can stomach and don't worry about not getting a balanced meal. They'll be plenty of time for that later.
    Me:39 DH:37
    Fibroids, Endo, advanced maternal age and male factor infertility
    IVF#1 - BFN
    IVF #2 -BFN
    IVF #3 - 2 FETs - BFN
    IVF #4 - transferred 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #1 - Chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 - Finally a BFP!!!!- Baby girl born 2/9/2011

Neytiri
    is excited!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I am currently living off oatmeal and cereal w/ almond milk..it is the only thing I can tolerate!
    Jeremiah 33:3 "Ask and you shall receive great and mighty things you never thought possible"

PINK

IVF w/ICSI #1 BFP!!

LMRR
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Xizelle-I was just thinking today that Ramen noodles would be delicious! Haven't thought about those since college!

ok good, it makes me feel better that no one else can stand veggies either.
    Me (29) stage 3 endo and low ovarian reserve. DH (29) perfect.
    -TTC#1 for 2.5 years
    -IVF#1 July '10-5 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos, 1 transferred on day 2 (other 2 stopped growing)
    Aug '10-Beta #1=6, #2=34, #3=320 (!), Ultrasound showed blighted ovum, missed Ab
    -Oct "10-surprise natural pregnancy. 1st HCG=82, progesterone=30, 2nd HCG=659!

karaatl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is normal to not crave veggies...especially in the 1st tri. All I wanted was pizza, burgers and pasta the first trimeister...but it got much better for me in the second tri. it is important to eat frequently...every 3 hours...don't let yourself get hungry or you may get sick. And maybe eat some crackers in bed before you get up and never go to bed on an empty stomach. Eat what you can eat. I have craved brocoli this whole pregnancy....but I had some bad morning sickness for a whie.

Make sure you have granola bars or fruit and water with you all the time in case you get hungry while out.
    Kara (30) DH (36) (DS) 05/31/08

PCOS
    IVF #1 w/ICSI&AH:
    Betas:163 (11dp3dt) 277 (13dp3dt) 1452 (17dp3dt)
    [09/15: Looks like 2 boys!

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What help me with nausea is everything sour/citrus tasting - lemons, orange-flavoured gum, ginger ale etc
    Me - 33, lots of issues DOR AMH 0.4
    DH - 33, no issues
    Sept'08 - heterotopic pregnancy, lost right tube and lost intra-uterine pregnancy
    May'09-Jang'09 - 4 IUIs on Clomid without success
    Apr'10 - went through IVF#1! BFP!
    Dec'10 - DD born
    Mar'13 - FET-BFN
    Feb'14 - IVF#2 - cancelled - poor response
    May'14 - IVF#3 - cancelled - embryos didn't divide

AshRS
    is a happy girl :)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Totally normal. Just eat whatever you can stomach. The baby gets what it needs from you regardless (for the most part). I ate so much pasta that first trimester (with ketchup and parmesan cheese...ew!).
    Me (30) DH (30) married July '08
    TTC #1 since Dec '08; PCOS
    2009 - 2 IUIS - BFN
    Feb 10 - ER for IVF; ET delayed due to OHSS risk - 11 frozen blasts
    Apr 10 -- FET - 2 AA blasts - BFP - 2 boys
    November 29, 2010 - L &R

Bella1949
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're totally normal! I am in my 9th week and the food aversions are awful! I have lived on fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, mac and cheese, baked potatoes and pickles for the last month! My poor husband has not had an actual dinner in over a month! If something sounds good, i have to eat it right away or else the craving will go away and it will make me sick. Here are the cravings that I have had to go out and immediately get recently:
    -tonight was fried chicken from Church's ( funny thing is chicken is one of my food aversions!)
    -last weekend it was sushi (luckily there are some types that are cooked)
    -a few weeks ago it was Olive Garden (the meal was great but the leftovers the next day turned my stomach!)
    -a few weeks ago for lunch I searched to find a place that had red beans and rice

I just recently read an article with 10 foods you should eat during pregnancy so I went to the store and got a few. Red bell pepper, which I sliced up and ate raw for a snack-chives, which i snipped and put on my baked potato-pinto beans, which was really good with plain brown rice-spinach, which I ate with sliced strawberries, almonds and blue cheese dressing. I didn't get all 10.

It's all very weird right now but sooner or later the nausea will stop and food won't make you as sick. Don't worrytoo much about it. :0
    Me: 34 DH: 41 **IF DX: severe endo**
    TX: 1 Laproscopy, 1 Laporatomy 2003. 6 m Lupron
    TTC: 3 years before first pregancy
    IVF #1: 10/04 = BFN - 13 frozen embies!
    FET #1: 01/05-02/05 = it worked! m/c at 7wks
    FET #2: 7/05 = beautiful baby girl born in April 2006!
    FET #3: 9/10 = embryo transfer on 9/28 - we are pregnant! u/s on 10/29 showed baby at 7 weeks 1 day with 133 HB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast