FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nut Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

How long for first trimester screen results?

For those of you who had the U/S and the bloodwork, how long did it take to get your results back? With my DS, I had the test on a Monday and had the results that Thursday. With this pregnancy I had the test last Friday and haven't heard anything. I know they said it can take 5-7 days but I feel like my window for possible CVS is rapidly closing and am concerned that it is taking longer this time because there is some sort of issue (the scan itself looked good, nucchal measurement was about 1.6). I'm just worried because they said if the results were negative my doctor's office would call but if not I'd get a call from a genetic counselor, and maybe this is taking longer because of that. Argghhh. What were your experiences?
    Me - 38, DH - 39, DS #1 - 6, DS #2 - 2 1/2
    Secondary infertility - Severe male factor
    Trying for #3!
    FET #1 September 2013 - Estrogen protocol: Canceled before Tx due to uterine fluid
    FET #1 (take 2) October 2013 - Mini-IVF protocol: BFN
    FET #2 - November 2013 - Mini-IVF protocol: BFN
    FET #3 - Last blast transferred 1/11/14. Beta 1/23

2. Advertisement

pinklady
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our results took about a week to two weeks... and then the radiology clinic messed up and didn't get the blood work results to the doctor, etc. a big mess. I'd call your doctor today and inquire about the results, especially if you have any question/concern about the results. That is what they are there for.
    DH 37
    Me 40

DS born July 2010
    DS born February 2012

Blissfully happy.

Nut Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinklady, glad I took your advice. I talked to the nurse who said that I wouldn't be getting any results until after the second trimester screen - the problem is, I was supposed to be having the sequential screen, not the integrated one, and the paperwork that they gave me very clearly states that I'd get results after both the first and the second screen. I had also had a conversation with the doctor where he said that if I didn't like the results after the first screen I could have CVS or if I didn't like the results after the second I could have amnio. The nurse kept insisting that I wouldn't be getting anything until the second screen until I finally read to her from the piece of paper that they gave me at the test, and then she said she'd talk to the doctor. I have this bad feeling that something got messed up here...
    Trying for #3!
    FET #1 September 2013 - Estrogen protocol: Canceled before Tx due to uterine fluid

pinklady
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nut Mommy,
    You know, sometimes the Dr. office staff just don't know what is going on... When I called to get my info after the first part of the screen (NT results, initial blood work) one of the med. assistants called me back and was totally CLUELESS about what I was wanting. She said "you have a baby that has a 7/22 due date! This is great!" Like, duh, I know that, I went through IVF!!! I asked her about the screening results and she didn't even know what I was talking about. I became quite firm with her on the phone about what I was supposed to be hearing from them (RESULTS!!!). Soon after our conversation the MD called me to discuss the results. Sometimes the office personnel just don't know what is going on... Good job for being your own best advocate!!!
    DH 37
    Me 40

DS born July 2010
    DS born February 2012

Blissfully happy.

Nut Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's weird is that I dealt with this nurse throughout my whole first pregnancy and she always seemed totally with it. I just double-checked the paperwork the testing place gave me for the second set of bloodwork and "sequential screen" is very clearly checked vs. "integrated screen," which was also an option. Hopefully I'll hear back before the end of the day.
    Trying for #3!

crissiej
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my results within a week I would say.

sri624
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there....the nt/bw results were back in 2 weeks for me....2 VERY long weeks. My numbers were borderline, so we skipped the 2nd tri screening, and did the amnio at 16 weeks. they tested the afp from the amnio. the full results of the amnio took 7 days.
    Me:41 Age
    DH: 39 Low Morph 8%
    Married 8 yrs
    TTC #1
    Oct 2009 IUI:BFP NT Scan/BW-T18/mc
    Dec 2009 IUI: BFN
    Jan 2010 IVF #1:BFN
    March 2010 IUI:BFP! DS
    TTC #2
    March 2013 IUI 1-4:BFN
    New RE
    Aug 2013 IVF #2: 16 eggs, 13 fert/icsi, 5dt of 3, 9 frozen
    5dp5dt: BFP dollar store hpt
    Beta 12dp5dt: 1552
    1st U/S: TWINS!
    CVS Results: Healthy B/G Twins!
    EDD: 5/14

SC-Sherb
    living in CrazyTown!
    SC, BC of GP, 2WW & Preg after Loss-M/C
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Mine was at least 2 to 3 weeks after the final bloodwork.
    Me 43/DH 44 Celebrating 21 yrs of marriage!!!

DS#1 - August 31, 1993 (20)
    DD - February 15, 1997 (17)
    DS#2 - August 25, 2008 (5)

2 - both at 10 weeks (1989 & Oct/07)

Nut Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my persistence paid off. The nurse got back to me late yesterday afternoon with the numbers. For my age (35 at EDD), my risk of DS was 1-200, and my screen came back as 1-670. For trisomy 18, my risk was 1-700 and I came back at 1-10,000. So we won't be doing anything else at this point, just waiting for the second screen in another 3 weeks or so. Thanks for all of your input!
    Trying for #3!

pinklady
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good! I am so glad they got back in touch with you. Best wishes on a wonderful pregnancy!
    DH 37
    Me 40

DS born July 2010
    DS born February 2012

Blissfully happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast