FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    leighton
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

No yolk sac at 5 weeks 2days..should I be worried?

Hi I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant today...my beta levels have been almost tripling every time and my progesterone has been over 27 each time it has been checked. My beta today was 14,579 and I am 22dpo. I had an ultrasound this morning and she saw a nice gestational sac and a corpus luteum but no yolk sac or fetal pole yet...I know that sometimes 5 weeks and 2 days is too early..but I thought I would see more because my beta was so high? What do u think..should I be worried?

2. Advertisement

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    well if she saw the gest sac then that at least eliminates the possibility of implantation being in the wrong place. i wouldn't be alarmed yet because it is still early.

when are you scheduled to go back in for another u/s?
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

KimmyTTC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No worries leighton, I'm 15 weeks pregnant, and with this pregnancy they were unable to see the fetal pole until I was near 7 wks. Your numbers look great! I wouldn't worry!

Congratulations!
    TTC#1 w/ PCOS- Took 2.5 years
    Treatment: Clomid, Metformin and HSG
    Gavin born 1/22/09
    #2- Complete Surprise!
    Savannah born 7/30/10

leighton
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have another ultrasound until March 4(I will be 7 weeks then so we should be able to see everything)....she is sure that it's not an ectopic which is good. I just figured we would at least be able to see the yolk sac with my numbers so high.

yankeemom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good numbers!!! When we went for an u/s at 6w1d, all they could see is the gest & yolk sac and they should have been able to see the fetal pole and h/b (possibly). Went back yesterday at 7w5d and it was all there. So, I would rest in your fantastic numbers. I was told by the dr that at this stage of the game, growth is so rapid that even a few hours can make a difference. And really, your u/s was SUPER early. At that point, they're just checking to be sure it's not ectopic, which it isn't. So, Congratulations!
    Abundantly blessed,
    Karen

After 7 1/2 years...our miracle baby!

Baylioomy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a simular experience. I went in at what they thought was 6 weeks but I was only 4w6d. All they were able to see was a sac, nothing else. So 10 days later I went for another scan. At 6w2d we seen our little bean with a heartbeat!!

Im telling you a few days can make all the difference. The baby is so small and its changing almost daily.

Your numbers look good, thats about were I was at 4w6d. So I wouldnt worry to much.

Keep us posted!
    Married in 1999, experienced 2 M/C
    Took us 10yrs to get pregnant again.

Baby Brayden arrived 8/5/10 at 2:39 am 5 & 1/2 weeks early weighing 4 lbs 7 oz 17 inches

Its such honor to be his mother. Its a love that almost hurts.

Bexx
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, I have to keep telling myself this!
    BC-SAHM & Parenting One Child
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    ~barge~
    I had my first u/s at 6w5d and they saw a heartbeat but no yolk sac. My numbers were great, measurements were great, heartbeat was great, but no yolk sac. Apparently, it was just hiding because as my OB/GYN told me, there couldn't be a heartbeat with no yolk sac. We went back for a repeat u/s at 10 weeks and that beautiful yolk sac was visible. As you can see from my avatar, everything was fine! Let us know how your scan goes this week!
    ~Becky (34) DH & Best Friend~Chris (35)
    High School Sweethearts Married 11 Years
    ~ Natural Miracle After 6 Failed IUI's

leighton
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi girls!! Well I had my ultrasound today...I was 6 weeks 6 days and we saw the heartbeat and yolk sac!!! It was beating strong at 134 bpm! I thought maybe it was twins since my beta's had been so high..but nope just one sticky bean! And the baby was measuring exactly how it should..due date is October 21st!

Bexx
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, I have to keep telling myself this!
    BC-SAHM & Parenting One Child
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling that everything was going to be fine! I don't know why docs insist on doing u/s that early! Just to scare us to death, I suppose! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Becky (34) DH & Best Friend~Chris (35)
    High School Sweethearts Married 11 Years
    ~ Natural Miracle After 6 Failed IUI's

Sweedie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome update, congratulations. I look forward to following your pg updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast