FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

33 Weeks and Sharp Pain in my Side???

I'm a bit nervous. All afternoon I've been getting this sharp pain on my upper right side. It came on sudddenly this afternoon. I've been drinking water, I've been changing positions, and nothing is making it any better. I just called the dr who of course is gone for the day. They set me up with an appointment tomorrow morning, but told me to go to L&D if it gets worse. I know pain in the upper right area can be related to pre-eclampsia. Does anyone know exactly where that pain would be at? I've had issues with high blood pressure from the get go, so this is a major concern for me. My little guy is moving around, so I'm thinking he is okay. I don't know if I should wait it out for tomorrow, or if I should go to L&D. I just don't want to go and them tell me it is nothing. I'd feel really stupid.

Dawn

2. Advertisement

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Dawn, I know that gallbladder issues during pregnancy can be fairly common and this would be the spot you'd be feeling pain if that was it. Of course it could be other things but that is the first thing that came to mind. I say that if its really bothering you and worrying you then I'd go to L&D, it wouldn't hurt. I always say it's better to be safe than sorry. Did they say why you would have pain in the upper right with pre-eclampsia? I had never heard of that thats just why I was wondering.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn, I had really sharp pains running from 'down below' and up the side of my stomach a few weeks ago I believe it was. If I recall, it was on my right side only.
    Turned out to be nothing, probably ligament pains.

I hope yours turns out to be nothing too!

Tess914
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'd go to L&D just to be safe. I doubt they'd think your silly. I had an episode wtih my DS when I was 32 weeks - lots of pain on my right side but more lower...and it turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in so much pain the next day and had to rush to ER. The whole episode landed me in L&D for 2 weeks. One week later, my water broke and we had DS prematurely (he was perfect though)...I think the kidney stones are what caused the preterm. In any case, if you go they'll just test you and if nothing is wrong, you'll have that peace of mind. GL!
    TESS
    Me/DH 38
    3 IUI's BFN
    IVF#1 BFP Beta#1 6/23 135, Beta Hell: #2 6/27 203, Beta#3 6/29 270-RE said prob nonviable, Beta #4 7/3 819! US 7/12 =
    IVF#2 6/08, IVF#3 9/08, IUI#4 11/08 - BFN
    IVF#4 1/09 BFP! 1st Beta 282, 2nd 597! It's B/G TWINS! [/B][/I]!

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    hope everythings ok dawn.. let us know
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Just got home from spending a few hours in L&D. My liver enzymes are starting to become elevated, so it is an early sign of pre-eclampsia. They did check my gallbladder, but that came back fine. I'm already on bedrest, so now it is pretty much just a waiting game until things get worse. I'm really hoping to make it to 35 weeks, but at this point, I'll be grateful for every day longer he stays inside.

Dawn

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn--I'm so glad you ended up going to L&D...Sorry to hear that your liver enzymes are elevated...a very similar thing happened to a friend of mine and she ended up delivering via c-section between 35-36 weeks and her son was healthy and had no NICU stay at all...I hope everything work out as well for you! I'll be thinking of you---keep us updated!

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks linden. I have a follow up with my dr this morning, so we'll see how that goes.

Dawn

Sweedie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow, I'm sorry about this added stress. I hope you can make it a little longer. I'm glad you went to the Dr.