FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

LemonadeGlugger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

Dry heaves in the Morning - is it better to eat and throw up?

Every morning I have the throwup thing, but nothing comes up. I guess there's no food in my stomach at the time. My body does all the motions - stomach contracts or whatever it does, and i bring up lots of air/burps, etc, whole body heaves, and then its over. but no food comes up.

if I take a drink the minute I get up, then that usually comes out.

Is it better to eat, and then throw up? You know what I mean? Is this normal/safe? LOL

Thanks.
    TTC 3.5 Years. Me: 29. DH - 32. Diagnosis: MF & Thrombophila Issues & MTHFR Homozygous C. Multiple IUIs, IVF #1 12/07 BFN, 3/08 natural miracle while prepping of IVF2, on Lupron, mc , 9/08 IVF #2.5, Retreival 9/10 .*Faint HPT's. Beta 1, 13dpR = 124, BFP. Beta 2, 15dpR = 317. Beta 3, 18dpR =751* 1st U/S /10/8 - Twins.

2. Advertisement

mamamolly
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think either are 'dangerous' but I personally find throwing up less unpleasant than drive heaves. But also: I find that if I'm able to get something in my stomach then I'm less likely to do either. Having an empty stomach, at this point, is my quickest route to getting sick. Some people recommend keeping some crackers (or something similar) by the bed and eating those before you even get up, to start settling things. Good luck!

LemonadeGlugger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I do find that on the days I manage to escape morning dry heaves, I dont' feel well. I'm more nausous most of the morning. Whereas if I have the morning dry heaves, i somehow feel better afterwords. ALl that air burps up. I can eat cereal in the morning, etc etc.
    TTC 3.5 Years. Me: 29. DH - 32. Diagnosis: MF & Thrombophila Issues & MTHFR Homozygous C. Multiple IUIs, IVF #1 12/07 BFN, 3/08 natural miracle while prepping of IVF2, on Lupron, mc , 9/08 IVF #2.5, Retreival 9/10 .*Faint HPT's. Beta 1, 13dpR = 124, BFP. Beta 2, 15dpR = 317. Beta 3, 18dpR =751* 1st U/S /10/8 - Twins.

mamamolly
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then, I'd say, just do whatever makes you feel best-- none of the options are more or less healthy than the others. It's more a matter of comfort. Good luck!

LemonadeGlugger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    They say "morning sickness" (well classic textbook case) is "throwing up in the morning". So I wonder how people can throw up... if they're stomachs are empty?

Blessedmama24
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For me I vomited before I ate. I am the queen of morning sickness and actually eat according to "pukeability" lol sad but true. I hope you feel better soon.
    test

Ruby711
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedmama24
    For me I vomited before I ate. I am the queen of morning sickness and actually eat according to "pukeability" lol sad but true. I hope you feel better soon.
    lol...when i was throwing up alot, i did that too....

dietpepsigirl---try eating a snack before bed, it may make u feel better in the am....if that doesnt work try to get in some cereal or something..cereal and milk didn't taste that bad coming up to me...how far along are you?
    Me-32--DH-32 -
    -----------------------------------------
    07/10 -Jumping back on this TTC roller coaster

09/23/10 - BFP wow!!-
    Due Date 06/03/2010
    ----------------------------------------
    10/07-Hysterscopic Myomectomy
    12/07 - 05/08 -IUI#1 thru IUI#4 -
    06/08-Trying Au' Naturale---BFP- --

Early Arrival - Little Ladybug born 2/1/09

belle10
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    DietPepsiGal-

You totally sound like me! I had major dry heaves. Try the cracker or bread by your bed. I agree with Mamamolly...I would so much rather throw up than have the dry heaves. Good luck I know how awful it is! Mine did finally stop though (at 19 weeks).