FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

wintergirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else feel this intense pressure on their bladder?

I mean REALLY intense! Like I'll feel like I have to pee so bad I'm about to burst, then after I go (which often is a tiny tinkle) I'll feel this constant pressure just pushing into my bladder like I have to go all the time, so much so that it kind of hurts. This is my first and I don't know if this is normal to feel bladder pressure at this intensity in the 2nd trimester. Could something else be wrong?

I don't think it's a UTI - I've had them before and they feel differently than this. Plus it doesn't hurt at all when I pee - it just feels like something is gripping and squeezing on my bladder ALL the time, but I'm only 22 weeks so why is it so strong already?
    Cari: 40, Tod 50;
    Sammy born 1/16/09
    Now hoping God will give us the gift of a child again!

2. Advertisement

MareRI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    well, I dont know about painful but I do feel a lot of pressure there, most of the time. And then when I do go, when it feels like i have to explode...theres only a little bit...but when baby moves, there is more room for my bladder i guess, and I go again ...its pressure, for sure, but not painful for me (I am 33+ w). I dont remember exactly when it started but sometime around 25w sounds about right. FWIW I am carrying a "large" baby or so says my dr (my last was 10lbs a week early) and I think that may have something to do with it too...
    Maryanne

Andrew 8.5 (10-4-00)
    Lucas 7 (7-17-02)
    Annabella (11-4-08).

(9-04) (blighted ovum)
    (4-05) (tubal pg)
    Isabella Antonia born asleep 2/10/06 at 19w (unexplained)

Vicki41
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a ton of pressure in my bladder and when she kicks, it takes everything I got not to pee my pants. So far no issues there, but I am starting to wonder if I will make it to 40 weeks without some "undergarment protection"!! Depressing thought.

UTIs don't always look/feel the same when you are pregnant as when you are not. You might want to go and get your urine dipped at the Ob to make sure. Then if everything is OK, you will know that is part of your 2nd trimester fun and not an infection! Obs treat UTI's (silent or not) in pregnant ladies aggressively to avoid infection travelling to the Kidneys. (The smooth muscle everywhere, including the lining of the ureters, is dialated during pregnancy making it easier for bacteria to travel upwards.)
    vicki- 43 DH- 43
    DD- 5
    DD-born January 2009

jojo329
    is blessed

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have a UTI. I've already been to the bathroom 7 times today - in 6 hours. This has been pretty normal for me during this pregnancy, though. Sometimes it feels like she's just pushing my bladder and trying to make me pee my pants!

wintergirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MareRI
    FWIW I am carrying a "large" baby or so says my dr (my last was 10lbs a week early) and I think that may have something to do with it too...
    You brought up a really good point. I am 6 ft tall and DH is 6'5" and we were both large babies ourselves, me 9 1/2 & him 10+ lbs. Still I didn't think it would happen this early... I'm beginning to wonder if it could be a bladder infection.
    Cari: 40, Tod 50;
    Sammy born 1/16/09
    Now hoping God will give us the gift of a child again!