FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

sweet73
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby's Heart Rate 120, is this ok?

Hi All,
    I am worrying myself silly!! I have a home doppler by belly beats & I am currently 36+4 wks preggo. My baby's HB goes from 112-125 on an average... is this normal towards the end?
    Thanks for any input.
    Me (35) DH (31)
    DD - 06/20/07
    EDD 09/06/09
    It's a Boy

2. Advertisement

Jewels
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh I don't know if thats normal. Sometimes I wonder how accurate the doppler is on HR (I have one also). I Know if mine were reading like that especially if it hasn't in the past I would DEFINITLY call in. Let us know what they say. Jewels

24blossom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    120-160 is considered normal. What was it before? I am sure everything is fine, but to ease your mind I would call your OB. There is always something to worry about while pregnant, then you worry more once the baby is born. Congrats you're almost there!!
    Married to my rock ttc 5 1/2 years
    FET #1 Oct 2006 BFP m/c 5 weeks
    FET #2 Mar 2007 BFP -
    IT'S A GIRL!!!!! :
    Lindsey! EDD 12-12-07

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Ps 37:4

bhoban
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do think they baby's heartrate slows down as you get close to delivery, but I would recommend checking with your OB, just to make sure it is within the normal range for this time. Good luck with your upcoming delivery!
    me,34 DH,50
    DS, Mick 9
    Aiden, 16w3d Jan '06 (IUI #1-delivered early due to PPROM)
    early loss, May '06 (IUI#4)~IUI 2,3,5,6 & IVF#1=BFN
    IVF#2: 5dt of 3~BFP 7dp5dt~U/S 6w5d: 1 beautiful ~ NT u/s 1:2 odds of a chromosome abnormality due to cystic hygroma - but it's a healthy girl! Brianna Eileen born 39w1d-now 5 yrs old!

Ophelia Payne
    is blessed and ovewhelmed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it is normal!! It is true, that "generally" normal rates are from 120-170bpm (from the American Pregnancy Association), in the end, the rate drops. A past due baby (perfectly healthy) may drop to around 110.

The activity level defiantly has something to do with it too. If you really are worried, though, I wouldn't hesitate to call your doc. It's what they are there for. You may ask him the question, "At what point should I worry/call?"

If, however, the heartrate drops below 90min for greater than 1 minute, call your Dr. ASAP and INSIST on an ultrasound/emergency appointment. This kind of deceleration is noticed at night, right before you lay down to sleep and could mean distress. Yours are nowhere near that low, so I wouldn't worry.

Are you doing ""kick counts?" Because that would be, perhaps, a good, if not better, indication of how baby is doing. That link even has a handy little chart to print out to keep track.