FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

AthenaD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed

L-Arginine and Baby Aspirin

Hi all,

I am in cycle #6 of IUI (should be done Friday or Saturday). I have been taking L-Arginine and Baby Aspirin and have seen various posts about when to stop taking these during a cycle. Some say to stop and some say not to. I can't ask my RE because I haven't told him I'm taking either. (I know, not good, but this is cycle 6 and I'm getting really desperate!)

Can anyone help?

TIA!
    Athena
    me (41) dh (49)
    R 3/06
    A 11/07

2. Advertisement

AEO&A
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I took baby aspirin for my entire cycle. I can't help with the L-Arginine, sorry.

Good Luck!

lablover2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Due to history of unexplained losses, my RE told me to take 1 baby aspirin daily throughout my cycle and continued to take it through most of my 1st trimester. I was also told to take prometrium a few days or so after ovulation (can't recall for sure which day to begin) and then I continued on it until around 14 weeks--- but as you know it has to be prescribed by a dr.

Good luck!
    me (37); DH (36)

dx: unexplained Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Seven (7) babies lost (from 2004-2010)
    Our miracle was born March 2007

Cautiously Expecting miracle #2 : 10/14/11
    6wk4d u/s 115 bpm; 7wk4d u/s 158 bpm; 9wk4d u/s 182

stacyleigh
    Happy:)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hi

I took baby asprin my whole IVF cycle and am currently 21 weeks and still take 1 every day. I have no blood clotting issues or losses, my OB said that is the standard now for all his patients.

Good luck with your cycle.

Stacy

Adriana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard of lots of people taking baby aspirin during their iui and ivf cycles, many of them following their re recommendations. I was unexplained and took l-arginine for the first time during my second iui cycle. It was cancelled due to my follies taking too long to develop, but I got pg that cycle naturally any way! I firmly believe that this was my 'miracle' answer to my if. I also took it when trying for #2 and #3. L-arginine is a dietary supplement, but it helps the quality of the eggs and also in the development of the uterine lining. It may take a little longer for your follies to mature (so hopefully your re is monitoring you and not doing your iui blindly on cd 14), but I would definitely continue to take it. I actually had my dh take it as well since it improves the quality of sperm as well. It's effects build up the longer you take it.
    mommy to J 9/24/02 S 9/25/04 S 2/11/07
    edd 2/14/10

for my sweet Zeusie

AthenaD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana
    L-arginine is a dietary supplement, but it helps the quality of the eggs and also in the development of the uterine lining. It may take a little longer for your follies to mature (so hopefully your re is monitoring you and not doing your iui blindly on cd 14), but I would definitely continue to take it.
    Can you tell me how much to take? I've been taking 500mg 3x day.

----------

Thanks all for your input! I feel much better now!
    me (41) dh (49)
    R 3/06
    A 11/07

Adriana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Athena - when trying for #2 & 3, I was taking 500mg 3x a day before ovulation (the first couple of months, then went to 500mg 2x a day) and then 500mg 1x a day after I knew I ovulated. Of course I stopped right away after I got my bfp. Good luck to you! I hope this will work for you like it did for me.
    mommy to J 9/24/02 S 9/25/04 S 2/11/07
    edd 2/14/10

for my sweet Zeusie