FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

calberto22
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Constant spotting in the morning...

Hi all,

at my first u/s at 6w5d we saw a h/b at 126. it was a vaginal ultrasound and i was spotting when i got home. it was pinkish. i called the office and was told it was probably the ultrasound roughing me up down there, just take it easy. for a week, every morning, i still woke up w pinksish spotting which was gone by the end of the day. So i went in another u/s on 7w5d and we heard a h/b of 160 but i explained i still had spotting. RE said to jsut keep taking it easy, everything looked fine on the u/s and she couldn't really tell where hte blood was coming from. so now it's been ANOTHER week and still, i wake up every morning with pink spotting which is gone by the end of the day. am i doing something wrong in my sleep??? this is so frustrating. i want to be happy that i am pregnant, but i can't! this constant spotting is driving me crazy. i have another u/s appointment in 2 weeks. i want to go to the RE before that since i still have spotting but the fact is, i don't want to do too many of the vaginal u/s since they might be the ones irritating me. I'm just so scared i will lose the baby.

Also, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything but i had very high betas. my first beta at 10dp5dt was 650 then it doubled to 1300 then it doubled to 2600. we thought for sure we had multiples but we actually only have a singleton, which i'm really happy about bc i'm very petite. i'm also taking baby aspirin.

I just keep hanging on to the fact that we saw the h/b both times and i've heard that after you see the hb, you have a good chance of having a healthy baby. however, i seem to be reading of several people who saw the hb and still miscarried.

can anyone please help me with this spotting? it's been going on every morning when i wake up since i was 6 weeks, i am now 8 weeks. please help...

Carla

2. Advertisement

teachergirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I do wonder if your spotting has been caused by your ultrasounds. I had my first ultrasound at 6 w 4 d and started bright red bleeding 2 days later. It wasn't very much but it was more than spotting and it freaked me out. I was put on bed rest for 3 days. After about a day and a half, it changed to brown spotting and then stopped. I never had any cramps. Are you having any cramps?

Then I had my 2nd ultrasound at 9 w 4 d, and I had pink-brown spotting trhe day after for about a day. These are the only 2 times I have bled. I am now almost 12 weeks.

I started a thread about vaginal/non-vaginal ultrasounds that you might want to read. I wanted to know when they start giving you non-vaginal ones. Most women didn't get them until later, like 16 weeks, but a few had them early. I would ask if you can possibly get a non-vaginal one for your next ultrasound. You won't see very much but it might be worthwhile, esp. if you have stopped bleeding by then. Your ultrasounds were only a week apart, so if your cervix was irritated the first time it didn't have much time to heal.

I hope you feel better!!!

Brenda
    EDD 1-19-07

calberto22
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Cramps

Hi Brenda, thanks for your response. yes, at times, i have had cramps. is that a bad sign? i'm trying to take it easy. since i've been taking it easy, i have had less cramps. i never did anythign MAJOR or anything to have the cramps. just basically, picking up my son in camp, taking him to tennis, etc. while running these errands, i had cramps. so since then, i've slowed to down to pretty much bed rest and have had less cramps. but still, sometimes i get cramps. sometimes at night when i'm sleeping, i get cramps. what does that mean? i guess i just thought that was the uterus stretching or something. i also get twitching down there occassionally.

teachergirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I do get uterus stretching cramps, too. I meant like AF cramps that go along with the bleeding. Like, double over because it hurts cramping.

I think I was getting a lot of stretching cramps in my 6th and 7th weeks. Then they let up until I had more in my 10th week. Once I knew it was normal I loved getting those cramps!

One of my good friends had spotting throughout her entire pregnancy and had a normal delivery with her son. She couldn't even walk for exercise because she started spotting every time.

Brenda