FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lausanne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Did anyone conceive having sex before ovulation?

Hello ladies,

I have been trying for a very long time to get pregnant and am at the moment in between IVF cycles. Of course, I would love to get pregnant naturally (!!) and although it may be a long shot, we thought we give it a try, as I am at the moment not on any hormones. I now realize that we might have missed my ovulation, which seems to be later this month than expected, by a day or two (judging by cervical mucus). Of course, now my husband is travelling, so no chance to "catch up".

Just to keep my spirits up, I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they conceived making love one, two three days before ovulation. If it has happened to someone else, who knows, we might be lucky!

Many thanks!!

2. Advertisement

Beth1070
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lausanne....DH and I got pg this time on a "somewhat" natural cycle. We took a round of clomid unmonitored from an old prescription I had left over. We never thought it would work at all and were shocked to find out it did. I did not even try to figure out when I was ovulating, we just did the baby dance on cd10, 12, 14, and 16. But then on cd 19 I had lots of cervical mucus so we are thinking that's when I actually ovulated. If that's true, then the baby dance we did on cd16 must have been the one that did the trick. Those little spermies can live for up to 72 hours if the environment is not hostile. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what happens.
    Beth, 37 DH, 43
    PCOS
    7-2005
    11-01-06 Andrew

lausanne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Beth,

thank you so much for your response!! I know, everyone and every time is different, but it sure feels good just to hear from someone like you!! Congratulations to you!!!

I did not count my ttc cycles, but have had many unsuccessful IVF attempts with a recent biochemical pregnancy. We have endo stage IV and male factor, so in terms of statistics, all and everything is looking gloomy. But I know that in anyones individual case statistics mean nothing. My doctor, who I really trust, has a good feeling. And at the moment, instead of being down, I am more determined than ever. Who knows!!!

Will definitely let you know what happens. Many many thanks for your good wishes!!

:-)

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With my last pg my babies were both late implanters. The 2nd twin implanted days after the 1st even, and I only had one IUI right before ovulation(DH is sterile). The sperm HAD to have lived in there for days! My beta was extremely low and twin B wasn't even on the u/s at all at 5 weeks!
    Amy

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    With this pg, I ovulated 3.5 days after our last bd. According to fertilityfriend.com, our chances of conception based on timing was POOR. It worked anyway!

lausanne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, thank you all so much for sharing your experiences!!

Good luck and best wishes to you all!!

Feel very upbeat now and will keep my fingers crossed. If there are good news, you'll be the first to find out here.

:-)

oldermama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lausanne:

I definitely ovulated while out of town at a conference - it was around 3 days later. Yet surprise surprise - I got pregnant. I am also older was told I had no chance of getting pregnant without IVF and donour eggs so there you go. I am 26 weeks now.

Good luck - sending baby dust your way.

Barbara

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.
    one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    actually the ideal time is anywhere from 1-2 days before o (as sperm need to finish maturing in the femail reproductive tract a proces sknown as capacitation) up to 2 days post ovulation.
    this little girl is the result of activities about 1-2 days pre-o
    good luck
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)

Beth1070
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    An interesting piece of information about sperm is that I have read in more than one credible source that female sperm live longer, while male sperm swim faster. So the idea is that if you have sex several days before ovulation, you are more likely to have a girl because those sperm live long enough to wait around for an egg to appear. If you have sex closer to the time of ovulation you are more likely to have a boy because those sperm swim faster to get to the egg.
    Beth, 37 DH, 43
    PCOS
    7-2005
    11-01-06 Andrew

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    yes......my dd was conceived as a result of BMS 2-3 days before O. actually we weren't actively TTC and we had no IF issues at the time. i thought we were further away from O than 2-3 days, and when i checked the calendar and realized we were only a few days away i figured....oh, what are the chances? well apparantly they're good....so good luck!!
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast