FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Ruth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sac size and CRL

Hello ladies,

I had my second u/s last Tuesday and found that the sac size was 18.8mm, crown-rump length was 11.6mm. According to my LMP, I was at 7w4d, however, the sac size was little bit small, it should be at 23mm by 7w4d. Has anyone had such an experience? I am a little worried. My RE wanted me to do another u/s @ 9w4d before I can be released. Also the heart rate was 130, a little bit slower too.

Ruth

Today is 8w3d.

2. Advertisement

thavel
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ruth,

The heart rate is not considered slow at all for how early you are, anything over 100 is great. Also, in early ultrasound to measure off by 5-7 days is considered normal. Please be assured all is looking great and another ultrasound at 9wks is normal.

Tami H

svenskajd
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened to my friend and all is still fine. The baby measured fine always, just the sac was small.

GL!

Bella1949
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruth, during my 2nd u/s, my RE told me that my sac (I believe it was the gestational sac) was measuring small but the baby was growing normally. She said that worst case scenario was that the baby would keep growing while the sac stayed the same and the baby would get too big for the sac and the pregnancy would be over. Well, of course that freaked me out. She said that most likely the sac was just growing slowly and would catch up. She had me come back in the next week for another u/s ( I think it was around the same time as you, the 9 wk mark or something) and the sac had grown and she wasn't worried. The sac quickly caught up on it's own and it turned out to be no big deal. Now I am 7 months pregnant and believe me, everything is growing! I'd tell you not to stress out about it but it will do no good so just remember that this happens to alot of us and everything turns out fine! Also, from what I know, 130 is very good for a heartbeat at this stage! Good luck and enjoy being pregnant!

Angie
    Me: 34 DH: 41 **IF DX: severe endo**
    TX: 1 Laproscopy, 1 Laporatomy 2003. 6 m Lupron
    TTC: 3 years before first pregancy
    IVF #1: 10/04 = BFN - 13 frozen embies!
    FET #1: 01/05-02/05 = it worked! m/c at 7wks
    FET #2: 7/05 = beautiful baby girl born in April 2006!
    FET #3: 9/10 = embryo transfer on 9/28 - we are pregnant! u/s on 10/29 showed baby at 7 weeks 1 day with 133 HB!

Ruth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ladies. I am relieved and looking for next week's ultrasound. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Ruth

Ruth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear ladies,

I came back from my 3rd u/s with my RE. Today's numbers are more weird. The baby (CRL) is measured at 2.85cm and 9w5d, but the gestational sac (GS) is only measured 2.53cm and 8w1d. I asked the nurse several times if this is normal since from what I learned from the Internet, the size of GS must be at least 5mm larger than CRL in order to consider it is normal. She told me not to scare my self, jut enjoy being pregnant. I don't know how she measured, but from the pictures, I do see that the baby almost filled the sac. The heatbeat today is 173, last time at 7w3d, it was only 130.

I am really confused. It seems that the sac didn't catch up. No matter how worry I was, the nurse still released me to the regular OB. Everybody in the office congratulated me and asked me to visit again with the baby.

How do you think ladies? I will have my first OB appointment on Feb 15.

Thanks for listening.

Ruth